Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine comes through again ! Much appreciated

Wolverine comes through again ! Much appreciated

I have been looking for a dedicated .223 Rem target rifle for a long time. Had a few CZ's over the years, very impressed, and thought if only they made a serious target version of the 527.
    Well, much to my delight, Wolverine brought some in, and I purchased one. Great service, fast shipping, and exactly what I had been looking for ! Rifle arrived in prefect condition. It's only been to the range to break-in the barrel (cleaned after every shot for 5 shots, then after 3 shots, and finally after 5, for a total of 20 shots..don't know if this actually helps, but it won't hurt!)
    Thanks again
    Attachment 192658

Attachment 192659
    CSSA, ADRRA, OVPL, EDSC, OFHA, CCFR
    “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

Super GunNutz
    That is a lovely rifle

CGN Regular
    Lovely rifle! That's a serious barrel!

Nice purchase! I’ve been looking at that one chambered in the 6.5 Grendel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadiankeeper's Avatar
    nice rifle!

Barrel break in is a myth! lol

Look forward to accuracy results being posted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    "Barrel break in" is great for them guys who try to look important with their new rifle at the range. Pacing up and down to check their targets after every shot because their scopes cannot pick-up the hits at 25 yards.

Nice rifle btw.

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    "Barrel break in" is great for them guys who try to look important with their new rifle at the range. Pacing up and down to check their targets after every shot because their scopes cannot pick-up the hits at 25 yards.

Nice rifle btw.
    Bahahaha sorry that's awesome because it's so true.

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post

Nice rifle btw.
    Too many barrel break-in references to quote, but here is the general consensus:
    To quote NRA Shooting Illustrated:
    "With care, a good break-in will extend the life of your new barrel while preparing it to deliver whatever level of accuracy it's capable of. No amount of proper break-in can fix a poorly made barrel, but lack of any break-in procedures will likely limit a good barrel's life and diminish its accuracy potential right from the start."
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-rifle-barrel/
    CSSA, ADRRA, OVPL, EDSC, OFHA, CCFR
    “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

Beautiful rifle. Keep us posted on the range report.

Maybe I can get one “for the wife”

My couch is comfortable..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster20 View Post
    Too many barrel break-in references to quote, but here is the general consensus:
    To quote NRA Shooting Illustrated:
    "With care, a good break-in will extend the life of your new barrel while preparing it to deliver whatever level of accuracy it's capable of. No amount of proper break-in can fix a poorly made barrel, but lack of any break-in procedures will likely limit a good barrel's life and diminish its accuracy potential right from the start."
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-rifle-barrel/
    There is no no scientific evidence, no metallurgic explanation or any other rational conclusion as to why.
    It is a shill article for gun cleaning products based on ones personal opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast