Thread: ERA-TAC adjustable mount MOA

CGN Regular

ERA-TAC adjustable mount MOA

Ordered an ERA-TAC adjustable mount for long range shooting. Base adjusts from 0-70MOA should be able to reach out to extreme distances now. Sure you can go with less power on your scope and get better elevation adjustment. But I'm hooked on high magnification. Living in northern Alberta and most of my long pokes happen in January-April so mirage isn't too big of a factor. Regularly use 40-50x on targets. Yes, you can use. spotting scope or target cameras, but then you run into more money on equipment.

Solid looking mount hopefully it lives up to it's advertised return to zero. Just mounted on a MH to show clearance. This one is the tallest 34mm tube with a Sightron SVSS which has a very long front portion.

Last edited by Go_Big_Tactical; 07-05-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Where did you order it??

Thanks

Business Member Go_Big_Tactical's Avatar
    He ordered it from us

CGN Regular
    I'd be very curious to see the precision of the slant adjustment. Like a box test without the windage obviously. Can it go from 0 to 20 to 40 to 70 and back down again with the same adjustments, and bring your POI right to where it should be?

Also, what are the adjustment increments?

If it can return to it's POI consistently after an angle adjustment, this would be an excellent choice for a mount.

I am also running an ERA, in 36mm on a Zeiss V8, in 10 moa increments, and it’s 100% repeatable and accurate in my experience.
    It very quick to do and makes for easy adjustment. They are a pricey mount but well worth it, and would definitely order another, especially on a scope that had more limited elevation, or for really long range set ups.
    Got mine from Precision Optics, good dealer!