Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberals passing the buck..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    As long as they don't mind hunting with expensive lead free ammo, and don't care about semi's, and don't care about any firearms that are, have been, or could be used as a weapon of war by some crack pot dictator, or criminal, and don't care about whether the RCMP can torture the plain meaning of words further to prohibit anything that isnt a single shot .22.

Riddle me this batman. Where do you think the line is where the Liberals will stand up straight, look the gun grabbers in the eye, pat themselves on the back and say mission accomplished, we are done here?

80 Years of Canadian politics shows that Liberals and Conservatives together are marching towards a firearms ban. We already have a ban without a license. Now they are going to work turning the screws to make licenses harder to get, lowering the bar for prohibition orders, and making complying with licensing more onerous. Some PMs drag their feet, some run full tilt, some do a little two steps forward one step back shimmy.

The only thing that has stopped or slowed the advance is gun owners, very vocally, talking about what there is to worry about.

Telling hunters they have nothing to worry about virtually guarantees that they will have something to worry about.

Are you new here?
    Good lord man why would you pollute the environment with lead? Or poison animals?

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    What Fudds don't see is that after the semis go their bolt-action scoped Fuddtoys will be next as "EEEEVIL high-powered sniper weapons of undetectable long-range murder and assassination! No honest man needs a weapon with more than a hundred meters of killing reach!" Look at how many military bolt-action Scout-Sniper rifles are just minor tweaks of commercial offerings.

Seriously, this whole thing has been the Niemoller's Lament playbook all over again, both in my country and yours. "First they came for X and I did nothing because X wasn't my problem, then they came for Y and I did nothing because Y wasn't my problem, then they came for Z and I did nothing because Z wasn't my problem, and then they finally came for me and there was nobody left to stand up for me."
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    What Fudds don't see is that after the semis go their bolt-action scoped Fuddtoys will be next as "EEEEVIL high-powered sniper weapons of undetectable long-range murder and assassination! No honest man needs a weapon with more than a hundred meters of killing reach!" Look at how many military bolt-action Scout-Sniper rifles are just minor tweaks of commercial offerings.
    It seems like a record number of non-restricted scary black rifles and shotguns are getting approved by the RCMP for sale in Canada.

M10X looks like a modern day ak47
    Double barrel pump shotguns
    50 caliber rifles.

just look at Australia...no semis or pumps...there was a bunch of screeching about their "high speed low drag lever actions" now this
    TINVOWOOT

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    just look at Australia...no semis or pumps...there was a bunch of screeching about their "high speed low drag lever actions" now this
    Link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    Link is dead
    Try https://www.theguardian.com/australi...tary-use-in-us And seriously, how derptarded can these people get?
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    Try https://www.theguardian.com/australi...tary-use-in-us And seriously, how derptarded can these people get?
    Unfortunately I fear we’re one more liberal majority away from this. C71 has created a black hole class for prohibs that the RCMP can easily sink all semi auto firearms into. Then just as they did with other 12. remove the ATT after a few years so they can never be fired again. Then scary bolt actions will be next on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Unfortunately I fear we’re one more liberal majority away from this. C71 has created a black hole class for prohibs that the RCMP can easily sink all semi auto firearms into. Then just as they did with other 12. remove the ATT after a few years so they can never be fired again. Then scary bolt actions will be next on the chopping block.
    I hear ya... thank God for our "hard-coded" Bill of Rights including the Second Amendment down here, tenuous protection though it may be.

I got this in my in box tonight...send your email tonight!

http://cherylgallant.com/c-71/?utm_m...YOUR%20MESSAGE

Letters sent, also posted on my club's internal forum.