Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberals passing the buck..

Quote Originally Posted by crashcollins View Post
    Because out of over 2 million licensed gun owners we have only just under 80,000 signatures for E-1608! Most don't give a crap or think it doesn't effect them so why bother. In the U.S. they fight for their rights and are organised, in Canada nobody gives a ####!
    Plus many elected officials in the USA are gun owners, judges, law makers etc.... The Feds could try to impose something like this in the USA but certain states like Tennessee or Texas for example would tell them to go pound sand, even the law enforcement community would refuse to enforce it.. Its a different mindset, a different culture. Canada is a Pussy Liberal Country. The majority dont care about firearms.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Someday we'll wake up and start fighting this the Canadian way instead of pining for a non existent NRA or the next CPC government to save us.

In 55 years of gun ownership I haven't seen so much going bad against us so fast. Even trying to get on CGN at Boston Pizza today in Selkirk MB my wifi connection was blocked from the site.

At the rate our privileges are degrading by 2025 or so we'll be down to single shot, maybe bolt action, if you can demonstrate a "need".
    That's sick that it was banned at Boston pizza due to the word "gun" I've seen this before trying to access the site at CIBC banks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    That's sick that it was banned at Boston pizza due to the word "gun" I've seen this before trying to access the site at CIBC banks
    We gun owners continue to get squeezed into a corner and marginalized as the country demographic changes from rural to urban, more & more people chose an electronic rather than an active lifestyle, immigrants who have had enough of guns in their home country come here and all political parties are forced to move more and more to the left in order to get elected.

Yet we continue to hold onto a fading hope that sending money to gun orgs frozen in the past plus yelling on these pages for CCW "shall issue" and dumping all the provisions of C-68 is somehow going to magically reverse our destiny???
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Well, we send money to gun orgs because there's strength in numbers even if there's nothing on an NRA scale in Canada (no matter what Trudeau faps on about).

The antis have definitely tapped into that part of the Canadian psyche, that sad little part that defines us as a people who are "not Americans".
    And they've convinced the idiotic masses that guns are an American cancer that Good Canadians inoculate themselves against.

Sadly, the media loves that storyline, truth be damned.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Well, we send money to gun orgs because there's strength in numbers even if there's nothing on an NRA scale in Canada (no matter what Trudeau faps on about).

The antis have definitely tapped into that part of the Canadian psyche, that sad little part that defines us as a people who are "not Americans".
    And they've convinced the idiotic masses that guns are an American cancer that Good Canadians inoculate themselves against.

Sadly, the media loves that storyline, truth be damned.
    Your last line says it all so how do we get their attention and break down the barriers? I have written extensively about my ideas but outside of a few individuals who share the vision the echo chamber seems like everyone else's safe place.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Protest on the hill?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Looks like libs are rushing to have something to show for next year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    We gun owners continue to get squeezed into a corner and marginalized as the country demographic changes from rural to urban, more & more people chose an electronic rather than an active lifestyle, immigrants who have had enough of guns in their home country come here and all political parties are forced to move more and more to the left in order to get elected.

Yet we continue to hold onto a fading hope that sending money to gun orgs frozen in the past plus yelling on these pages for CCW "shall issue" and dumping all the provisions of C-68 is somehow going to magically reverse our destiny???
    You sir, get it...This is exactly the road we are headed down. And electing a Con government might (strong might) help for 4 years, then we are back in the same spot again. It seems the Cons can only get elected after a horrible Liberal government is in.
    I like guns....

Back to the start of this thread, thanks Wolverine for your hard work. Wish we had more people out there like you. Its pretty depressing when i cant even get my gun club to send out a Mass email about C-71. Just inform people, but they are probably to scared to offend someone.......

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    Protest on the hill?
    What about local protests for short period rolling across country as noon strikes?
    Emphasize (1) were functional members of society w real jobs not professional activists, (2) we’re in every community, (3) we’re not threatening ordinary people (so not open carry, not burning effigies)

My 2.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR