Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Liberals passing the buck..

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I’m sure that almost every Canadian has no idea that C71 includes everyone’s mental health records being reported to government.
    Problem with that is that "the man" is going to determine what is considered mentally healthy.
    Left wing = healthy ??
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

Hey sounds good, doesn’t everyone ask a cop for their medical opinion?
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    So they will take our money but don't want to be seen with us in public. Classy.
    I didn't say that they wouldn't be seen in public with us. The only stipulation is that they will not be bought as supporters and the model that we discussed was what the CMHA did to address disproportionate numbers of suicides amongst junior hockey players who were away from home and facing the stress of an NHL draft.

Google "Ontario minor hockey CMHA suicide" and you'll get plenty of hits. That is, if you want to do more than just snipe at my postings?

By the way, how did the current approach to pushing back on C-17 work for you? I saw it as a predictable, textbook, abject failure as it has been for the last 25 years and longer. Only it's getting worse, not better.

So what's you're plan to stop the train?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    I didn't say that they wouldn't be seen in public with us. The only stipulation is that they will not be bought as supporters and the model that we discussed was what the CMHA did to address disproportionate numbers of suicides amongst junior hockey players who were away from home and facing the stress of an NHL draft.

Google "Ontario minor hockey CMHA suicide" and you'll get plenty of hits. That is, if you want to do more than just snipe at my postings?

By the way, how did the current approach to pushing back on C-17 work for you? I saw it as a predictable, textbook, abject failure as it has been for the last 25 years and longer. Only it's getting worse, not better.

I will try. Nothing will currently work.

They are not interested in listening. The solution is 2019, and the defeat of the liberals. Shortly after the RCMP is replaced on the firearm file.

Might not be popular, but with our current political reality this is all us "Thugs " can expect. To suggest anything other than the replacement of the liberals is disingenuous, unrealistic, naive, or just plain trolling.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post

Is this a snipe?

I presume you mean C-71. The bill is not even at 3rd reading yet. Hard to call the approach a failure when it is about 30% through the total process and so far the opposition has been overwhelming. The liberals heard 31 witnesses and received 100 briefs, substantially more than any routine bill of its type would typically garner. The response from the gun community has been louder, more organized, and more noticed by parliamentarians than any other gun bill since c68 itself. Oneclearvoice nearly brought email communication at the ministers officer to a halt. And yes this is worse? Worse than what?

There are only 8 sitting days in the current session before parliament rises for the summer break. The likelihood that this bill will pass the house before then is low, and even if it did they would still have to clear the senate, and then get royal assent. The overwhelming opposition to this bill has delayed its progress significantly, and the senate will be very weary that the commons committee heard 29 witnesses and over 90 briefs whose submissions were completely ignored, and specifically the government has completely failed to substantiate or validate any of the claims they have made in supporting this bill.

But sure, by all means, call it a failure.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    the only way to fix crimes is to punish them hard, right now the crown makes deals throwing away most charges just to get a conviction, so in sense plea bargain charges away. Our legal system is a joke compared to the US system.
    C-71 won't fix #### on the streets. personally I like the 3 strike rule some US states have. you do the crime your going to do the time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    the only way to fix crimes is to punish them hard, right now the crown makes deals throwing away most charges just to get a conviction, so in sense plea bargain charges away. Our legal system is a joke compared to the US system.
    C-71 won't fix #### on the streets. personally I like the 3 strike rule some US states have. you do the crime your going to do the time.
    Lol. The 3 strike rule bankrupted the california prison system and not only did it see more serious violent offenders on the streets than before, but it actually caused a dramatic rise of law enforcement officer deaths in the line of duty.

PS, the crown plea bargains away all those charges because the police over charge people in the first place, and if the crown doesn't drop them, the judge will toss them out in the first five minutes anyways.

The worst part about the criminal justice system is how the vast majority of Canadians are completely and utterly ignorant of how it works.

And that includes parliamentarians. I can't decide if its funny or sad how many times members of the SECU Security Committee reviewing C71 had to consult legal experts because they had no idea how the firearms act functioned, what the requirements were, how the CFP works, or even the most basic aspects of how licenses are issued or guns are classified.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Is this a snipe?

I presume you mean C-71. The bill is not even at 3rd reading yet. Hard to call the approach a failure when it is about 30% through the total process and so far the opposition has been overwhelming. The liberals heard 31 witnesses and received 100 briefs, substantially more than any routine bill of its type would typically garner. The response from the gun community has been louder, more organized, and more noticed by parliamentarians than any other gun bill since c68 itself. Oneclearvoice nearly brought email communication at the ministers officer to a halt. And yes this is worse? Worse than what?

There are only 8 sitting days in the current session before parliament rises for the summer break. The likelihood that this bill will pass the house before then is low, and even if it did they would still have to clear the senate, and then get royal assent. The overwhelming opposition to this bill has delayed its progress significantly, and the senate will be very weary that the commons committee heard 29 witnesses and over 90 briefs whose submissions were completely ignored, and specifically the government has completely failed to substantiate or validate any of the claims they have made in supporting this bill.

But sure, by all means, call it a failure.
    Sounds like we fought the good fight to the best of our ability and the result is:
    -Our people treated poorly and in a disrespectful manner?
    - No "compromise" amendments incorporated to date?

We went in with a bag of wishes and came out without the bag. To me that's failure.

Did you research my example as suggested or do you just skate around it? If you did check on them, what are your thoughts?

And what is your plan because delaying C-71 is just that, a delay of the inevitable. Or do you see a golden day beyond that eludes most of us.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    A friend from Germany and I just shared an observation that maybe somebody should throw at your Left parties when they want a power grab of any kind...

"Imagine that your country's version of Donald Trump somehow gets elected. Think about how a small, petty, retaliatory-minded sort under the opposing party's banner could exploit the power you want to give the State and weaponize it against you when *he* pulls the levers of State Power... hell, look at how Hitler abused the very acts that Weimar Germany had passed intending to disarm and marginalize the Nazi movement. Now imagine every Act that has been passed to empower the State being employed systematically and in the worst possible creatively-abusive way when the other team wins and turns Big Brother's eye on YOU... Not a very comforting thought, is it?"

This may be a uniquely American viewpoint, but... well, I believe there's something to the theory about "never allow government to have a power you wouldn't want a mortal foe to have."
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    A friend from Germany and I just shared an observation that maybe somebody should throw at your Left parties when they want a power grab of any kind...

"Imagine that your country's version of Donald Trump somehow gets elected. Think about how a small, petty, retaliatory-minded sort under the opposing party's banner could exploit the power you want to give the State and weaponize it against you when *he* pulls the levers of State Power... hell, look at how Hitler abused the very acts that Weimar Germany had passed intending to disarm and marginalize the Nazi movement. Now imagine every Act that has been passed to empower the State being employed systematically and in the worst possible creatively-abusive way when the other team wins and turns Big Brother's eye on YOU... Not a very comforting thought, is it?"

This may be a uniquely American viewpoint, but... well, I believe there's something to the theory about "never allow government to have a power you wouldn't want a mortal foe to have."
    That quote makes absolutely 0 sense in canada, where a majority government holds both executive and legislative powers anyway. It makes very little sense in US where the current legislative body has been neutered by the executive branch of the government.

if any of these government wants a law to seize everything you own, they can write one in 24 hours. It's irrelevant whether that law was put into place before of after they were elected.