Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals !!! Yugoslav Era M59/66 SKS Rifles Now in Stock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcost View Post
    Thankyou for this information. looks like i got a nice greasy all matching 1969 141xxx to go with my 1979 619xxx
    Congrats!

I wished I could get a 1979 one for my birth year.

I got two 1970s with close serial #s

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Looks like my 195XXX is from 1970, still have no cleaned it though, looks unissued and all matching.
    Thanks Tradex!

Quote Originally Posted by Limason View Post
    Congrats!

I wished I could get a 1979 one for my birth year.

I got two 1970s with close serial #s
    1979 was a good vintage, xennials ftw!
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Hey guys. I just received mine. By serial it is an early '68 year sks. It has ported grenade launcher and no night sights so that would be in line with that year the last year made without night sights. Also it has a number on the handguard 2-00.0001. Not sure what that number is for or what it refers to. But mine looks in perfect condition other than a couple tiny bump marks on the stock. From what I can tell just looking at it from the outside and with it coated in cosmo it is all numbers matching. Sweet example and pleased with what I got. Just going to leave it in the grease for now. Kinda sucks that the picture posted in their email ad shows them in crates with the pouches and accessories but these don't come with the pouch or accessories. Disappointing but it is what it is I guess.
    Last edited by ljones; 06-28-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Hey guys. I just received mine. By serial it is an early '68 year sks. It has ported grenade launcher and no night sights so that would be in line with that year the last year made without night sights. Also it has a number on the handguard 2-00.0001. Not sure what that number is for or what it refers to. But mine looks in perfect condition other than a couple tiny bump marks on the stock. From what I can tell just looking at it from the outside and with it coated in cosmo it is all numbers matching. Sweet example and pleased with what I got. Just going to leave it in the grease for now. Kinda sucks that the picture posted in their email ad shows them in crates with the pouches and accessories but these don't come with the pouch or accessories. Disappointing but it is what it is I guess.
    I believe any numbers like you describe are usually factory replaced. My gas piston has that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post

Mine has a couple of those numbers. One on the crossbolt, one on the bolt carrier. Matched numbers stamped on all the correct parts though. Similar condition as you've described. Not quite flawless but likely as good as there will ever be. I'll try steaming out some of the dings before giving mine a coat or two of BLO.

I had a quick look at mine yesterday. Holly batman, that's the most cosmoline I have seen yet on a SKS! That said, I am not complaining, it will come out easily, simply need to find the time. I was not able to see the year, but the numbers stamped on the stock, bolt carrier and magazine were all matching. The wood stock looks really nice too, no obvious scratches or dings. I am quite happy with the rifle received from Trade Ex. I had been looking for a Yugo SKS ever since inventories seemed to have run out a few years ago...

Anyone think this is worth the concern? I might try gently remove it wondering if I should try cover it or if I'm just too picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Simon View Post

Anyone think this is worth the concern? I might try gently remove it wondering if I should try cover it or if I'm just too picky.
    Strange, mine had a similar bit of corrosion.
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

What do you plan on doing? I don't want to "ruin" it but I also don't want that spreading.