Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals !!! Yugoslav Era M59/66 SKS Rifles Now in Stock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Para D View Post
    I bought one of these about 18 years ago when I wasn't quite as informed as I am now. Paid somewhere around $350. Didn't realize its value at the time and removed the bayonet and grenade launcher site so I could put it in a lame after market stock. Ditched it for about what I paid for it. Figure I need to make amends for my crimes against the rifle gods and buy one (and not mess it up this time). When I think of all the bad decisions in my life the only thing that tops messing up then selling that gun is letting go of a number 4 mark 1 long branch for nothing because I didn't want to register it and there where tons of them laying around. SMH
    You my friend, are not alone. I once sharpened a collectable boot knife but sharpening the original edge was not good enough,
    no, I had to place a whole different angle edge on it. Ruined the value

Now buying one of these and keeping it in the grease would be an amazing feat for me.

Had to pick up another! Got an unissued one last time from Mars*** for $650 I think whenever they had those about 5-6 years ago still packed in the grease. Now with two, maybe I can shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by ohferpete View Post
    You my friend, are not alone. I once sharpened a collectable boot knife but sharpening the original edge was not good enough,
    no, I had to place a whole different angle edge on it. Ruined the value

Now buying one of these and keeping it in the grease would be an amazing feat for me.
    So you have no choice but buy one for therapy
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    Just like the semin mosins? :P The fact that someone is asking a premium doesn't mean they sell for that premium.
    I have bought more than 10 years ago 2 X 59-66 Yugo that i paid 329 a crack ( from a now dissapear dealer), in the last 3 years i refused many offers for each of them ( some over 700.00 ), they are my best SKS and my favorite, after all that time even if i put 2K + in each they are still looking good, buying 2 mores was a no brainer.

I couldn’t take it anymore I had to order one. Should never have sold the 2 I had years ago.

I am in as well, excellent price and brand new in grease woohoo

Wow, that picture is amazing! Dripping with milsurp honey!!! Mmmmmmm

BANNED
    It's a sks for $780 plus tax and shipping. $1000 sks ???? Yes I want one but won't pay that much, I'll let you high ballers take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    It's a sks for $780 plus tax and shipping. $1000 sks ???? Yes I want one but won't pay that much, I'll let you high ballers take them.
    $861 shipped

But I know what you are saying. I struggled with it for a long time before I bought one. I have just seen too many opportunities pass. There was a time not very long ago that I would have though $200 was ridiculous for an enfield. They ain't making any more of them (surplus Yugo SKS). I'm also not a fan of red rifles, would rather have something that can hit a pie plate at 100m with >50% reliability but as far as SKS's go this the best. It is the Honda civic of rifles and this is the one with the spoiler and fancy rims.

To each his own. Maybe I am just trying to justify this to myself cause parting with $800 on a whim isn't easy on the stomach or marriage.
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    My bill came to $926 with tax and shipping to Ontario. That total is pretty much market price for them right now as well or slightly lower from what I've seen them go for. They aren't over priced and if you keep it in the cosmoline, I almost guarantee you that in 5 years it will be worth much more than that!

My one from the last shipment that came in in the same condition was $640 after taxes and shipping to me. That's 31% increase in the around 6 years between the two shipments. Not too bad of an investment!