Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals !!! Yugoslav Era M59/66 SKS Rifles Now in Stock !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Simon View Post
    What do you plan on doing? I don't want to "ruin" it but I also don't want that spreading.
    Mine was not so severe. It actually looked much better once degreased.
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Broke down and shot mine today, just 40 rounds. New (renewed) to sks' so had no idea you needed a special tool to adjust the sights, amazon has politely supplied one for $12 and it will be here in 2 days. Forgot how soft 7.62x39 is, could shoot it all day. You guys who are keeping them cosmo'd have way more self control than me. No matter what you are doing with yours I hope you are enjoying them.
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"

Haha you just need a beater sks!

Quote Originally Posted by Para D View Post
    Broke down and shot mine today, just 40 rounds. New (renewed) to sks' so had no idea you needed a special tool to adjust the sights, amazon has politely supplied one for $12 and it will be here in 2 days. Forgot how soft 7.62x39 is, could shoot it all day. You guys who are keeping them cosmo'd have way more self control than me. No matter what you are doing with yours I hope you are enjoying them.
    I have cleaned both mine this week. Just to check if there’s any corrosion.

Also ordered 2 stainless gas valves from the States for each rifle because the GV is the weak spot for Yugo SKSs.
    Last edited by Limason; 06-29-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limason View Post

Also ordered 2 stainless gas valves from the States for each rifle because the GV is the weak spot for Yugo SKSs.
    Good idea, link please?

Here is the link where I ordered the GV:

https://murraysguns.com/sks-gas-valves/

Make sure you tell Ben the condition of your SKS so that you will get a perfect fit.
    Here is an email from the manufacturer to explain why:

“When we in America first got 59/66’s they were in horrible condition many times, very used and abused. Our Gas Valves would generally fit these perfectly and some that wouldn’t cycle and eject would do so after installing the “oversize” Gas Valve.

However, the more recent 59/66’s have been in “unissued” condition and in these cases, once you install the new Gas valve, you’ll not be able to get the Gas Tube/Hand Guard back on the gun. Our Gas Valves are about .015 longer than originals and this makes the fit between the gun and Gas Tube too tight, but we offer “machining closer to original spec” for just the cost of return shipping the Gas valve. ($5.00)

Or in a special order case, we could supply them at or just above original spec, by simply machining a little off before we ship. This will all depend on the condition of the Yugos imported into Canada.

The Outside Diameter of our Gas Valves is only .001” to .002” oversize and they fit all Yugos, as long as the Gas Block has not been damaged. Very slight damage can occur and create burrs that stick inwards, around the slot and holes for the Selector Button. Cleaning up these burrs in the ID is all it takes for our GV to fit perfectly.”

After comparing the Russian and Yugoslav SKSs, I found the sight radius of the Russian one is 3.5cm / 1.4 inch longer than the Yugoslav’s. I have to say my Russian non-refurbished SKS has better build quality for most of the metal parts. The Yugoslav SKS’s Elm stock and grenade launcher just nice and unique.

After comparing the Russian and Yugoslav SKSs, I found the sight radius of the Russian one is 3.5cm / 1.4 inch longer than the Yugoslav’s. I have to say my Russian non-refurbished SKS has better build quality for most of the metal parts. The Yugoslav SKS’s Elm stock and grenade launcher just nice and unique.
    Finally we canadians will pay for the first time the real value of SKS (around 900$ shipped). Who could believe that some years ago??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

What were your shipping costs ?

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Are these truly numbers matching or possibly just “humped”? Seems like a mix of new and used parts on some rifles.