Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals !!! Yugoslav Era M59/66 SKS Rifles Now in Stock !!!

The night sights still functioning. Major parts on mine are matching. The stock was re-stamped with few light handling marks. Blue 99%. Overall very good condition. Tradex is great!
    Last edited by Limason; 06-22-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulriver View Post
    Just picked mine up at lunch. It would appear that I received an early one, SN E9049* would make it a 1968, the last year before night sights were added.

All visible numbers match and it has a ported grenade launcher. Now to clean and see what shape the barrel is in.
    I used mineral spirit to clean the rifle and it works really well. It had taken me two nights to clean it...

Ooo I hope mine has night sights. Been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and they look sick.

I am OK with mine not having night sights. If a prefix D or E has them they were added later, possibly during refurb.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Anyone ever use a hairdryer and heat up the grease?
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Used a heat gun today, a pain in the ass to heat/wipe/heat/wipe as I couldn't get the cosmo to run off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    Anyone ever use a hairdryer and heat up the grease?
    That's all I ever use. Heat it up, wipe it of and repeat. The stock I wrap tight with many layers of paper towel, put it inside a black garbage bag and lay it on the dash of the car on a hot sunny day. You need to change the towels and repeat a few times. Pack the inside with paper towel as well before wrapping it up.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 06-22-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

3 hours from start to camera. Used mineral spirits then detailed with simple green and boiling water.

Very pleased with this E prefix (no night sights) Yugo. The barrel has been shot but it is far from being shot out. Trigger group and gas piston look new, bolt has seen some use.

[IMG][/IMG]

3 hours from start to camera. Used mineral spirits then detailed with simple green and boiling water.

Very pleased with this E prefix (no night sights) Yugo. The barrel has been shot but it is far from being shot out. Trigger group and gas piston look new, bolt has seen some use.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice job done

[IMG][/IMG]
    What did you put on stock after you used mineral spirits?
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"