Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GLOCK G43 pistols on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    So in bold he’s saying people want a G17 with a G19 frame instead of the 19x.

Underlined he is saying a the G43 with long barrel is like the G17 barrel in a small package.

And a Gen 3 could be had at sub $1K prices, but I have never seen one at $850 pre Canadian Edition. I have only been in the Glock game for a year though.

Amd to HiCal, thanks for bringing these in, as with any niche product there will always be a market. I may pick one up after my upcoming trip is planned and paid for.
    Thank-you, exactly. I was starting to think English was not my first language.
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    I’ve shot one of these. Just like any small framed semi or revolver, getting a proper grip isn’t easy. Good thing the mag has the finger shelf. These also kick a lot more than a 9mm should feel!

I could say more but since this is a dealer forum, I’ll leave it at that.
    The longer barrel would help a little with that kick too.
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    The longer barrel would help a little with that kick too.
    I’ve tried both. Not much difference. The skinny grip feels weird also after years with double stacked 9s.
    Btw, I agree that a G17 slide with a G19 frame is a perfect compromise also.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

BANNED
    No that is not what I "stated", you and Ab_blaster seem to not understand the definition of the word "instead". Meaning instead of the G19x people want a G17 slide and G19 frame. Then I "stated" that IMHO a G43 with an extended barrel gives you that (i.e a longer slide with a shorter grip), and because a G43 is a single stack it is even narrower then a G19 (G19 is narrower then a G17). Clear as mud?

Like Ab_blaster you appear to be a better shopper then me. I missed these gen 3 steals, for many years a G19 Canadian compliant was over $1000.
    Okay, but you're still wrong about the width. G17, 19, and 26 all have the same width look on glocks website. That is why they can share mags.
    And yes the G43 is single stack, hence it being narrower
    Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by Captain.K; 06-18-2018 at 12:15 AM.

BANNED
    Sorry, 30mm is the slide width not the grip. My apologies

These are quite small & slim, here are the specs:

Overall length159mm / 6.26in
    Slide length154mm / 6.06in
    Length between sights132mm / 5.20in
    Weight (inc. empty mag)509g / 17.95oz
    Width26mm / 1.02in
    Slide Width22mm / .87in
    Height108mm / 4.25in

Slide is 22mm or .87", quite a bit thinner...
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    These are quite small & slim, here are the specs:

Overall length159mm / 6.26in
    Slide length154mm / 6.06in
    Length between sights132mm / 5.20in
    Weight (inc. empty mag)509g / 17.95oz
    Width26mm / 1.02in
    Slide Width22mm / .87in
    Height108mm / 4.25in

Slide is 22mm or .87", quite a bit thinner...
    I can assure you that it just isn't a 'useless gun' because we can't carry it anyway. It was VERY fun to shoot. There was a distinct difference between this pistol and other Glocks. The thing is TINY and it forced me to really focus on the fundamentals. It was surprisingly accurate and I shot it far better than my G22, G17 etc.

You can get custom base plates that extend the mags a little if you want more rounds. To have a subcompact like this in Canada, available to us is great. Hats off to hical for their efforts. I do not see this as a failed venture and believe if you guys get a batch in, they'll sell like hotcakes.
    Last edited by hical.ca; 06-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.

BANNED
    No that is not what I "stated", you and Ab_blaster seem to not understand the definition of the word "instead". Meaning instead of the G19x people want a G17 slide and G19 frame. Then I "stated" that IMHO a G43 with an extended barrel gives you that (i.e a longer slide with a shorter grip), and because a G43 is a single stack it is even narrower then a G19 (G19 is narrower then a G17). Clear as mud?

Like Ab_blaster you appear to be a better shopper then me. I missed these gen 3 steals, for many years a G19 Canadian compliant was over $1000.
    A poor choice in words to describe the alternative setup to a G19x but I see it now. And no, the 19 is not narrower than a 17. All the standard frame Glocks share the same widths the only difference between the 19 and 17 is 11mm is height and 13mm is length.

Quote Originally Posted by AB_blaster View Post
    A poor choice in words to describe the alternative setup to a G19x but I see it now. And no, the 19 is not narrower than a 17. All the standard frame Glocks share the same widths the only difference between the 19 and 17 is 11mm is height and 13mm is length.
    Only poor choice for those who's english comprehension is low.

Although I got pulled into another useless thread on CGN, something I have tried to avoid these last few years. It really is hard to express a friendly legit opinion on CGN without keyboard warriors drawing guns on you... That being said I actually learned something in this thread. I had to do a double take on the slide width as I have actually put my G19 and G17 side by side and indeed the G19 has a narrower slide, it is a fact. What I didn't release and got me googling was that gen 5 glocks have wider/thicker slides. My G17 is gen 5 and my g19 is older. Learn something new everyday, though on CGN it can be a painful process...

But it is nice to see everyone agree that hical is doing great work trying to service the Canadian market so thanks for that.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    I’ve tried both. Not much difference. The skinny grip feels weird also after years with double stacked 9s.
    Btw, I agree that a G17 slide with a G19 frame is a perfect compromise also.

All the pocket 9mm are kind off "snappy" because of short barrels and light weight, personally I find them fun to shoot but agree they are different then shooting a sub or full side and many find them (including me) harder to shoot to start.

Yeah I feel there is likely a big pool of people who want a 17 slide and 19 frame.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234