Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt and Bender Warranty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar

Schmidt and Bender Warranty

Hi Guys,

Just a bit confused on how the S&B Warranty Works. Can someone compress this in simple English? LOL

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/service/warranty.html

Like how Vortex words it:

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
    Fully transferable
    No warranty card to fill out
    No receipt needed to hang on to

Thanks
    AM
    Last edited by Aprilia Man; 06-20-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    CCFR MDRGC

Why don't you email Wolverine Supplies? I believe they are Canadian distributors.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Their warranty works much simpler. Their #### don't break. So just use and enjoy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    ---
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Seems Pretty clear to me.

- They will have stock of all the parts needed fix your scope up to 30 years after purchase, for warranty or paid service.

- You have a 2 year warranty from DOP

- Zenith, Klassik and Hungaria series you have a 10 year warranty from DOP, and after 3 years they will not cover wear and tear items.

- The warranty will not be valid for damages caused by improper use.

- The warranty void for unauthorized repair

"Within 30 years from the date of the purchase we undertake to entertain a permanent stock of the required spare parts and make sure that our service engineers have all the necessary skills and capabilities to perform the required repair work.

Within 2 years from the date of the purchase we grant a warranty with respect to the applicable statutory warranty claims of the buyer.

As far as the scopes of the Zenith, Klassik and Hungaria series are concerned, the warranty with respect to the statutory warranty claims shall be valid within 10 years from the date of the purchase, with the restriction that any jobs and repairs performed as a result of wear and tear will not be covered by this warranty from the beginning of the 3rd year from the date of the purchase.

The warranty will not be valid for damages caused by improper use.

The warranty shall become void after any intervention and repair performed by any repair service we did not authorize to perform the repair."
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Seems Pretty clear to me.

- They will have stock of all the parts needed fix your scope up to 30 years after purchase, for warranty or paid service.

- You have a 2 year warranty from DOP

- Zenith, Klassik and Hungaria series you have a 10 year warranty from DOP, and after 3 years they will not cover wear and tear items.

- The warranty will not be valid for damages caused by improper use.

- The warranty void for unauthorized repair

"Within 30 years from the date of the purchase we undertake to entertain a permanent stock of the required spare parts and make sure that our service engineers have all the necessary skills and capabilities to perform the required repair work.

Within 2 years from the date of the purchase we grant a warranty with respect to the applicable statutory warranty claims of the buyer.

As far as the scopes of the Zenith, Klassik and Hungaria series are concerned, the warranty with respect to the statutory warranty claims shall be valid within 10 years from the date of the purchase, with the restriction that any jobs and repairs performed as a result of wear and tear will not be covered by this warranty from the beginning of the 3rd year from the date of the purchase.

The warranty will not be valid for damages caused by improper use.

The warranty shall become void after any intervention and repair performed by any repair service we did not authorize to perform the repair."
    Thank you, I don't think I need add anything to that.

good information, just what i needed, thanks

I can't remeber where I read it but I believe S&B changed their PMII line warranty to 20 years in 2017.

John can you confirm?

Cheers,
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    LOL for those who in previous threads have said Vortex is crap - looks like a long list of S&B weasel clauses above, that Vortex doesn't have on their warranty.

Unless you only plan to keep the S&B scope for a couple decades, and not improperly use it. Hell, I've heard of Vortex replacing a scope crushed by over-tightening the rings. S&B would probably say "thanks for the $2K, tough luck?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    LOL for those who in previous threads have said Vortex is crap - looks like a long list of S&B weasel clauses above, that Vortex doesn't have on their warranty.

Unless you only plan to keep the S&B scope for a couple decades, and not improperly use it. Hell, I've heard of Vortex replacing a scope crushed by over-tightening the rings. S&B would probably say "thanks for the $2K, tough luck?"
    I dunno; is Vortex in the business of selling optics or selling warranties? As for Vortex giving away scopes because Bubba is too dumb or ignorant to look up torque specs and crush a scope tube, I find that quite funny. Disclaimer: I do not own Vortex or S&B optics.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast