Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSA VZ58 Stripped Receiver with Barrel

I will be keeping the prohib 858 receivers that I currently do not own right now. I ain't missing out on the prohib boat this time.

I actually got rid of my CSA to get more 858s. BUT, for those that do not want to deal with the BS, yes this is a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    I will be keeping the prohib 858 receivers that I currently do not own right now. I ain't missing out on the prohib boat this time.

I actually got rid of my CSA to get more 858s. BUT, for those that do not want to deal with the BS, yes this is a great option.
    I am trying to find out some info on the registration that needs to be done before June 31st. Can someone direct me to a thread that is discussing this? Are people registering before this bill is Law? how can they enforce this as the date is before the bill is law?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post

This particular boat shouldn't even be launched let alone float! But I get your drift, a lot are wondering if it's worth registering for a prohib license this time around. For years we have been told "no new prohibs (firearms and licenses) can be added" so ya it might be worth it to some for some reason.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BattleRife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
    how can they enforce this as the date is before the bill is law?
    They can't. Now that parliament is suspended until September the whole scenario is in no man's land for months. When debate resumes the dates in the bill will all have to be changed. And the registration requirement of June 30 is only for restricted examples, anyway.

You have nothing to worry about.
    --BattleRife

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    I'm just waiting with a stripped 858 receiver, then installing the shortest barrel possible (already prohib so why not?), foldable stock to make a krinker style gun for the range... now if only we had "cz pistol magazines" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CubaNotSoLibre View Post
    I'm having a tough time trying to find any barrel for the 858. Good luck finding one, friend.
    If North Sylva can't get you one, I believe Dlask was re-barreling vz 58s. If so, sending your receiver there might be an option; From what I've read putting a barrel in these guns yourself is not easy and requires a press.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12