Shooting the M+M M10x DMR | Firearms Outlet Canada

Interesting - I didn't see any receiver flex or barrel-whip in the slow--motion video like you can so clearly see with the typical AKM and its sheet metal receiver. The M10X appears to have solved these issues with the milled steel Upper Receiver (a-la FN FAL), the monolithic aluminum Action Cover/Handguard and a medium-weight barrel. Very nice video, thanks for that look at the M10X.

And that’s cool? I don’t know much about AK platforms because I live under a rock. But that sounds lousy for a modern rifle no?

If you are very un familiar with AK pattern rifles then just so you know every single AK/AK type rifle does NOT have a bolt hold open. Doesnt seem to stop the millions of AK rifles made and used by operators all over the world.
Also they dont just go to the range, they use them in battle like this so.....

So what’s the accuracy like at 100 yards? How close is it to an AR vs an AK/SKS? Does it shoot groups or areas?

Why dont you buy one and find out for yourself? Those of us with M10X rifles are just receiving them this week. We all have busy lives and will get around to firing our rifles just as soon as we can arrange it, just to satisfy you... ������

Why dont you buy one and find out for yourself? Those of us with M10X rifles are just receiving them this week. We all have busy lives and will get around to firing our rifles just as soon as we can arrange it, just to satisfy you... ������

Sounded like a true M-10x owner.

And that’s cool? I don’t know much about AK platforms because I live under a rock. But that sounds lousy for a modern rifle no?

I thought the same thing. But clearly we're both wrong, because all guns based off a 70 year old design are stuck with this feature, despite the fact this was supposed to be the "new and improved" AK or whatever. Remember, militaries use it, so it must be good. They don't buy stuff based on price or anything.

I thought the same thing. But clearly we're both wrong, because all guns based off a 70 year old design are stuck with this feature, despite the fact this was supposed to be the "new and improved" AK or whatever. Remember, militaries use it, so it must be good. They don't buy stuff based on price or anything.

They made them like that CUZ it's easier to find any AK mag as opposed to finding Croat mags (which are way more harder to find, despite IRG getting a handful in) that would actually engage the BHO or instead of using proprietary mags.

That's why they did what they did and I'm sure the majority of US owners have NON BHO AK mags in their safes then Croat ones

They made them like that CUZ it's easier to find any AK mag as opposed to finding Croat mags (which are way more harder to find, despite IRG getting a handful in) that would actually engage the BHO or instead of using proprietary mags.

That's why they did what they did and I'm sure the majority of US owners have NON BHO AK mags in their safes then Croat ones

I agree with what you said in a different post. The BHO yugo and Croatian mags just annoy me with the bolt slamming shut as soon as remove the empty mag. Now I just prefer the orange soviet ones. Now should I get one now or wait it out?

If I was designing it, I would have tried to make something that works with AK mags, but also had a BHO that worked with a propriety modified AK mag. That way, the people who have boxes of AK mags can still use them, people who want a rifle with BHO could buy more mags from me, and now I'm selling magazines in addition to rifles. A win for everyone.

If this gun was cheaper, I wouldn't care. Its the combo of high price AND lack of BHO that irks me.

If I was designing it, I would have tried to make something that works with AK mags, but also had a BHO that worked with a propriety modified AK mag. That way, the people who have boxes of AK mags can still use them, people who want a rifle with BHO could buy more mags from me, and now I'm selling magazines in addition to rifles. A win for everyone.

If this gun was cheaper, I wouldn't care. Its the combo of high price AND lack of BHO that irks me.

You are right. You would have undoubtedly designed and manufactured a superior firearm. This one is clearly not worthy of your ownership, so Just move on - it's not even worth discussing!

PS. All of this back and forth about BHOs has already occurred in the "Unboxing" thread: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...x-Unboxing?p=14992715&viewfull=1#post14992715

Last edited:

Somebody had time to do a video and post it on youtube.... shooting a group or three would not have been that difficult...... heck even a general comment about how the gun shot would have been informative. To be fair it was more of a #### shoot then a documentary.

Week 2, looking forward to some more range reports...... :)

Back
Top Bottom