Roninson Arms M96 coming back?

The M96 "Expeditionary" Rifle cost $2200 when it was first imported into Canada back around the 1998 timeframe. I had one of the first two in Canada, Mr Wolverine had the other...

This one is no longer in my collection, but I will be the first in line (again) if they return to production. A new source of spare parts would no doubt be very welcomed by current owners, allowing them to fire without fear of parts breakage (mostly bolts).

23i7ymv.jpg

Hopefully Robarm will finally deliver on the oft-promised but never delivered Belt-Feed Conversion kit for the M96. Although Arex/Fightlite have now beaten Robinson Armament to the punch with the MCR Belt/Mag-fed AR15 Upper Receiver (which runs like a top!):

oa2bo8.jpg

Yeah if you want to compare a Pinto to the rolls Royce of all AK's

Didnt I sell you a used Swiss Arms for 3400$ years ago?!?!?!?

Im not comparing the two. Thats why I said the M96 is inferior. I was giving examples of supply and demand. That Swiss Arms was for a friend in Canmore.

Scared to shoot my M96 and break it... parts will be nice... as they are a very cool gun... always wanted a bren conversion with an actual non rest length barrel

Do you have any information about the post on Robinson Arms facebook account regarding bringing back the M96 ? The post was from a few days back. Any word how soon this could happen? If its soon ,I would like too put down a deposit.

Cheers

Robarm has been saying this since 2006.

The last realistic story was that they were going to do a run of repair parts.

That hasn't happened either.

That Arex/Fightlite Upper that takes belts is only around $4200 US & Change......It might just be a pass for most of us working mortals who still have a mortgage & kids at home.....very intriguing though...

If Robarm ever brings back the M96 with its hand-welded stainless steel Receiver and component parts, it will be a $3K rifle in 2018 dollars or likely even more. Add the extra expense of a Stoner 63-style Belt-Feed Conversion and you are looking at another $1K minimum, more likely $2K if it includes a heavy-profile MG barrel. Suddenly you are in Fightlite MCR territory cost-wise. For my $$, the 15 years of research that Ares Defense and now Fightlite put into the MCR is worth the investment. The belt-lift videos on Youtube are pretty convincing and impressive to say the least! Robarm would have an awful lot of catching up to do, notwithstanding the existence of Stoner systems that he could reverse-engineer parts from.

If Robarm ever brings back the M96 with its hand-welded stainless steel Receiver and component parts, it will be a $3K rifle in 2018 dollars or likely even more. Add the extra expense of a Stoner 63-style Belt-Feed Conversion and you are looking at another $1K minimum, more likely $2K if it includes a heavy-profile MG barrel. Suddenly you are in Fightlite MCR territory cost-wise. For my $$, the 15 years of research that Ares Defense and now Fightlite put into the MCR is worth the investment. The belt-lift videos on Youtube are pretty convincing and impressive to say the least! Robarm would have an awful lot of catching up to do, notwithstanding the existence of Stoner systems that he could reverse-engineer parts from.

Agreed. Ill be happy if they just start selling the Bren kits again...

I bought I used M96 quite a while ago and within a couple months the operating guide rod spring broke. It took 6 months to get a replacement as Robinson Arms was focused on production of their new XCR. I saw the writing on the wall that spare parts would be hard to come by. As soon as I got it working again I sold it at a nice profit. At the time I thought it was a great non-restricted semi auto rifle. Now I would rather buy a WK-180C.

Guess those 4500$ m96's just dropped in price

Really enjoyed my m96 when I had it

Holy crap! Is that what they are going for? I paid $2200 for mine, I think I sold it for $2000. Mine had a A2 FH. John sent a batch over to PGW and had A2 FH threaded on. I only bought the stupid thing because the Stoner belt fed kit was supposed to come out and never did. Then I got pissed off and sold the rifle.

Back
Top Bottom