Roninson Arms M96 coming back?

Holy crap! Is that what they are going for? I paid $2200 for mine, I think I sold it for $2000. Mine had a A2 FH. John sent a batch over to PGW and had A2 FH threaded on. I only bought the stupid thing because the Stoner belt fed kit was supposed to come out and never did. Then I got pissed off and sold the rifle.

No it's not what they are going for but there is 2 for sale in the EE right now for 4500 and 4875 (or something)

Lol. $4500 for a rifle like this

I wouldn't pay $4500 for an M96 even if I could afford it.
I don't have to try very hard to think of other similar, much better guns that still have parts support for them and cost a hell of a lot less.
Don't get me wrong, I love the look, the stock irons only and the design of the inner action is solid. $4500 is laughable for one though.
With the available options these days of non restricted semi auto's with full parts support I wouldn't pay more than $1400 for one but that's just me.
Any higher than that and you can get a used XCR, WK180-C/Mini-14 plus ammo on top etc etc

Agreed. I was gonna say this is more or less a $1000 gun even with current production.

Your valuation of the M96 is right out to lunch. The hand-welded stainless steel receivers cost more than that to fabricate alone, without the barrel, gas system, BCG or any other ancillary parts included. $1200 is CNC machined WK-180C territory, not hand-fabricated Stoner pricing. Not by a long shot. They were $2200 in 1998 and Robarm's profit margin was so razor thin that he occasionally lost money on the M96. Even if they can machine-fab the complex stainless receiver, it will still cost considerably more than a measly $1200...

Looking at the picture above for being welded by hand those welds look like dog poop. They might be better off cnc machining it lol god those welds are atrocious. But hey whatever you think is worth $5000....

Lmao I purchased an m96 from the us for 1200$USD, still wasn't really worth it even at that price. Yea the handling of it felt great, but zero aftermarket support and less than impressive accuracy was not so great. I'd pay maybe 2k for one, but with the IRG ar180B or the wk 180c there are much better options out there. Robarms isn't well known for their support of past platforms..

I've never understood the hype of them.

To each their own I guess

Lmao I purchased an m96 from the us for 1200$USD, still wasn't really worth it even at that price. Yea the handling of it felt great, but zero aftermarket support and less than impressive accuracy was not so great. I'd pay maybe 2k for one, but with the IRG ar180B or the wk 180c there are much better options out there. Robarms isn't well known for their support of past platforms..

I've never understood the hype of them.

To each their own I guess

Its still a pretty damn cool gun, stamped SS fairly accurate clone of the Stoner 63....

Should have kept it... Prices have gone up a lot in 18 years... unlike all of your Colt Canada clones

Prices have gone up? Says who... This as bad a the UMP, G36 and Sterling fiascos. It's just like P. T. Barnum says... There's sucker born every minute... The HK firearms originally sold for between $2200-$3000. Then comes in the retard factor. Where someone pays way over market value. Then that's where the bar that is set. I know most of the people that sold them and they were laughing at what someone actually paid for it. When I sell stuff I just try to recoup most of the money. I usually always end up losing money.

What's wrong with my Colt Canada clones? It's what I enjoy building and collecting. Some people collect Cooey .22. I don't look down on them. Each his own.

I like the M96 as I was always a fan of the "Stoner "63" system, in my opinion this was way ahead of its time. The M96 is as close as we will see to the Stoner system, it is a very difficult gun to manufacture, hence the high price, I always regret selling my own. Lets have no nonsense about the non restricted tax, I think we have shown the world that we do not subscribe to that with our WK180-C pricing. Retail price is determined by our cost. We will be stocking them as soon as they become available but that is at least a year away and knowing Rob Arms that will be later rather than sooner. I have no idea on pricing at this time but do not expect a cheap gun.

I like the M96 as I was always a fan of the "Stoner "63" system, in my opinion this was way ahead of its time. The M96 is as close as we will see to the Stoner system, it is a very difficult gun to manufacture, hence the high price, I always regret selling my own. Lets have no nonsense about the non restricted tax, I think we have shown the world that we do not subscribe to that with our WK180-C pricing. Retail price is determined by our cost. We will be stocking them as soon as they become available but that is at least a year away and knowing Rob Arms that will be later rather than sooner. I have no idea on pricing at this time but do not expect a cheap gun.

The people that are bashing this gun haven't owned one. They are very well made. I hope RA starts selling the BREN kit too. They are sought after in the US market as used guns because they are good guns and the closest to the stoner most people will ever get. Imagine the investment RA had to make for building a stamped receiver. IV8888 has a nice review of them where he begs RA to start making them again. Hope you get parts for us to buy John!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2FSdfaoi0

Last edited:
Prices have gone up? Says who... This as bad a the UMP, G36 and Sterling fiascos. It's just like P. T. Barnum says... There's sucker born every minute... The HK firearms originally sold for between $2200-$3000. Then comes in the retard factor. Where someone pays way over market value. Then that's where the bar that is set. I know most of the people that sold them and they were laughing at what someone actually paid for it. When I sell stuff I just try to recoup most of the money. I usually always end up losing money.

What's wrong with my Colt Canada clones? It's what I enjoy building and collecting. Some people collect Cooey .22. I don't look down on them. Each his own.

Selling price determines market value.. not your opinion. You dont understand supply and demand yet you sell products at gun shows? Strange. Thats too bad you usually always lose money, Id be more careful with my purchases. Nothing wrong with CC clone or the like. I used to own a few, have an IUR. My point was one gun went up in value the others have gone down.

There is an M96 listed for sale in Canada for $11,000.

LOL.... someone is delusional in the extreme. Those were a $2K rifle when they first landed in Canada. I had the second, right behind Mr Wolverine's first. Prone to Firing Pin and/or Bolt breakage and completely lacking in spare parts support, to fire an M96 is to risk turning an expensive collector's item into a broken paper-weight with every shot fired. As a result, most "M96 Expeditionary Rifles" are relegated to safe-queen dust-collector status. Who's gonna pay a premium, let alone an absurd $10K(+) for a rifle that is liable to break at any time with no spares availability? Nobody I know....

Back
Top Bottom