Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roninson Arms M96 coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    I"m not saying thats the only calibre... rob arms is known for products that work with many calibres.
    That is true for the XCR but the M96 is based of the stoner design of which was only 5.56mm

Somewhere in Surrey, Go past the trailer park...
    That Arex/Fightlite Upper that takes belts is only around $4200 US & Change......It might just be a pass for most of us working mortals who still have a mortgage & kids at home.....very intriguing though...
    Canadian Undead Neutralization Team
    Human Underground Neutralization Team Exterminating Real Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
    That Arex/Fightlite Upper that takes belts is only around $4200 US & Change......It might just be a pass for most of us working mortals who still have a mortgage & kids at home.....very intriguing though...
    If Robarm ever brings back the M96 with its hand-welded stainless steel Receiver and component parts, it will be a $3K rifle in 2018 dollars or likely even more. Add the extra expense of a Stoner 63-style Belt-Feed Conversion and you are looking at another $1K minimum, more likely $2K if it includes a heavy-profile MG barrel. Suddenly you are in Fightlite MCR territory cost-wise. For my $$, the 15 years of research that Ares Defense and now Fightlite put into the MCR is worth the investment. The belt-lift videos on Youtube are pretty convincing and impressive to say the least! Robarm would have an awful lot of catching up to do, notwithstanding the existence of Stoner systems that he could reverse-engineer parts from.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    If Robarm ever brings back the M96 with its hand-welded stainless steel Receiver and component parts, it will be a $3K rifle in 2018 dollars or likely even more. Add the extra expense of a Stoner 63-style Belt-Feed Conversion and you are looking at another $1K minimum, more likely $2K if it includes a heavy-profile MG barrel. Suddenly you are in Fightlite MCR territory cost-wise. For my $$, the 15 years of research that Ares Defense and now Fightlite put into the MCR is worth the investment. The belt-lift videos on Youtube are pretty convincing and impressive to say the least! Robarm would have an awful lot of catching up to do, notwithstanding the existence of Stoner systems that he could reverse-engineer parts from.
    Agreed. Ill be happy if they just start selling the Bren kits again...

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Guess those 4500$ m96's just dropped in price

Really enjoyed my m96 when I had it

I don’t remember paying 4500$
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

I bought I used M96 quite a while ago and within a couple months the operating guide rod spring broke. It took 6 months to get a replacement as Robinson Arms was focused on production of their new XCR. I saw the writing on the wall that spare parts would be hard to come by. As soon as I got it working again I sold it at a nice profit. At the time I thought it was a great non-restricted semi auto rifle. Now I would rather buy a WK-180C.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

I always wanted one of these. Hope it happens

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    I'd buy one for under $2000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L42A1 View Post
    Kind of like a $13000 Valmet.
    Paid $3000 for mine and guess what I sold it for it.... wait for it.... $3000. It was also in 7.62X39. That was in the early 2000's.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Guess those 4500$ m96's just dropped in price

Really enjoyed my m96 when I had it
    Holy crap! Is that what they are going for? I paid $2200 for mine, I think I sold it for $2000. Mine had a A2 FH. John sent a batch over to PGW and had A2 FH threaded on. I only bought the stupid thing because the Stoner belt fed kit was supposed to come out and never did. Then I got pissed off and sold the rifle.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast