Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2232343536373839404142434445464748495052 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: Stag Arms Stag-10 CDN Rifle - 6.5CM - Non-Restricted Canada

CGN frequent flyer
    Sorry if this is stirring a pot but I'm confused now about who is the dealer with warranty. I'm assuming the gun I ordered through arms east will have a warranty but someone else is now selling them and there's talk about who is the dealer in canada. I'm not familiar with either company so I'm a bit in the dark. Again sorry if this is making issues. It seems to be a taboo topic
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    IMHO they are non restricted because the upper and lower use an Armalite style slant cut receiver not the usual new style AR-10 receivers that we see so it won't mate with them... so perhaps the RCMP considered it a new design or that its lineage is based of the original AR-10 not the later scaled up AR-15 version the RCMP considers restricted... NICE

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-10-rifle-information/
    Yeah, I also thought it is the same as the US one, but because it is slightly different from an AR-10 so it is not considered one. I was just looking for confirmation from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by JToews View Post
    I can’t seem to find the pricing on the .308s. Has that been posted?
    I think resellers are holding back on naming their prices on NR 308 to see how much the other guys are charging first....now we play the waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    I think resellers are holding back on naming their prices on NR 308 to see how much the other guys are charging first....now we play the waiting game.
    The 6.5CM is already being sold at an agreed upon price point, and the .308 was noted by ArmsEast to be cheaper than the 6.5 builds (that should be a no brainer, less barrel, not as tight of a twist rate etc.) so there's little room to move in terms of price. I suspect there's something more complex happening (ie. distribution rights negotiations) that's holding up the details and pricing.

Will a standard AR10 barrel work with these receivers?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Will a standard AR10 barrel work with these receivers?
    Yes, if DPMS pattern barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by B34R View Post
    The 6.5CM is already being sold at an agreed upon price point, and the .308 was noted by ArmsEast to be cheaper than the 6.5 builds (that should be a no brainer, less barrel, not as tight of a twist rate etc.) so there's little room to move in terms of price. I suspect there's something more complex happening (ie. distribution rights negotiations) that's holding up the details and pricing.
    whatever happens I hope Stag don't sign any exclusivity agreement for Canada so we won't get raped with NR tax like the M10X fiasco.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm wishing stag didn't just go silent. I bought one from them the day it was announced based on the fact they were the only game in town and that's how warranty would be done. Now that's in question and they aren't talking. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out. I want to support who did the work but right now I'm so confused I'm not sure what to believe.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    I'm wishing stag didn't just go silent. I bought one from them the day it was announced based on the fact they were the only game in town and that's how warranty would be done. Now that's in question and they aren't talking. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out. I want to support who did the work but right now I'm so confused I'm not sure what to believe.
    I know....and this should not have been the case. Simple yes or no would have cleared it.