Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: Stag Arms Stag-10 CDN Rifle - 6.5CM - Non-Restricted Canada

Website wouldn't let me log in to my account. Tried to register for a new one. Even with the password issue mine wouldn't work. I ended up having to make a new email address and it worked with that. A pile of headache, but I got it ordered. Now I'm sitting fat and happy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    What kind of accuracy could one expect with the 20 in faxton pencil barrel?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    22 or 24 inch for the 6.5cm?
    If you want to shoot heavier bullets like 140s, you typically want a 24" barrel, which will be around 26" with the brake. If low weight bullets, you would go 22". But note that you would not be giving up a huge amount of MV with the 22" even with heavy bullets, it will be around 20 fps according to the study I saw online.

There are differences between the 22" and 24" Stag models I looked at, that seem to be centred on the buttstock (you get a PRS stock on the 22") and the handgrip (which of course is easily changed). From the pictures, the 22" barrel looks to be heavier contour - I asked about that above but so far Arms East has not clarified the contours and their website is not helpful on the point.

I ordered the 22" because it appeared to have a heavier contour barrel and my application is tiny groups at long distance. I would have liked a 24" with a heavy contour barrel and a PRS Gen 3 stock.
    Last edited by DrXenon; 06-24-2018 at 10:14 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    Someone should start a stag arms build thread.
    Tonight after im done putting in a 12 hour day tilling...lol...

im not sure why everyone thinks this will kill the bcl market, shipped with tax my plain black stag 10 order was 2243, shipped with tax my bcl in fde was 1860, thats almost 400$. even after i upgraded the trigger in the bcl it was still almost 200$ cheaper. there are plenty of people who will buy a bone stock bcl and love there new black non restricted hunting rifle. People just want the newest thing, and maybe have to sell something to afford the newest thing.

we should all just be happy these companies are willing to jump through all of the hoops to bring us some sweet non restricted goodness

amen.
    With guns...we are citizens.
    Without guns...we are subjects.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H. L. Mencken

I’m unfamiliar with non-AR-15 receivers, will these receivers accept any AR10 bolts? And what specs will any barrel we attach be required to have?

Quote Originally Posted by phaxtris View Post
    im not sure why everyone thinks this will kill the bcl market, shipped with tax my plain black stag 10 order was 2243, shipped with tax my bcl in fde was 1860, thats almost 400$. even after i upgraded the trigger in the bcl it was still almost 200$ cheaper. there are plenty of people who will buy a bone stock bcl and love there new black non restricted hunting rifle. People just want the newest thing, and maybe have to sell something to afford the newest thing.
    I respectfully disagree - people just want something that is produced by a quality manufacturer and that actually goes through stringent quality control ensuring that the customer does not receive out of spec, late, "maybe it will work ok" crap... that's the reputation NEA (BCL) has built for themselves. Sorry if the truth hurts, but I've been down that road twice - never again. I will however put my faith in Stag and Arms East knowing that I will be receiving a quality product and not have to return said product three times to get a functioning rifle (yes, speaking from experience).

Quote Originally Posted by phaxtris View Post
    we should all just be happy Arms East is willing to jump through all of the hoops to bring us some quality sweet non restricted goodness
    Fixed it for you and agreed.

I’ll keep the other guys receiver set for now because I haven’t totally given up on it but for those of us who prefer to buy receiver sets and do our own thing the price by arms east is just great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    So why not go with a faxon 20 inch pencil barrel? 2.07lbs for the barrel and extension and its 4150 steel.
    I'd chop it to 18.5. If someone makes and 18.5, saves me time, money and hassle. Over all length matters to me just as much as weight does
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!