Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG ARMS STAG-10 CDN 308 Non-Restricted Barrel Canada

+1 for .308 - I'm good for a heavy barrel too

I believe you intended a heavy a barrel to have a 0.936” gas block

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I believe you intended a heavy a barrel to have a 0.936” gas block
    Typo, fixed. Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Keep it with the medium profile barrel. No heavy barrel please.

Will you guys be stocking any Ar10 handguards?

Being a 308 produced rifle will there be issues running Austrian hirtenberger 7.62 x51. I was thinking Austrian Surplus might not have enough pressure to cycle the action properly. Is there anybody else here that doesn't reload that was thinking about running military surplus hirtenberger 7.62 x51?

CGN frequent flyer
    hybrid barrel seems to be the best option I look forward to ownership
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    Attachment 186920

First off, Stag Arms and Arms East would like to thank everyone for all the positive feedback and interest in the new STAG-10 CDN! It has been a long year bringing this project to completion, and we are all very excited to see the response so far. We look forward to having 6.5mm Creedmoor AND .308 Rifles on dealer shelves and in CDN shooters hands coast-to-coast-to-coast as quickly as possible.

As you may know, the current US Stag-10 308 line-up includes 16" and 18" versions. Stag Arms is now finalizing the profile and specs for the CDN Exclusive, Non-restricted model. We are looking at a barrel containing Stag's famous accuracy which will be both easy to carry and hunt with, but also accurate over longer strings of fire for competitive shooters.

We are thinking of using a very similar profile to the current STAG-10L. This profile starts 1.2" at the chamber and tapers progressively to .75 at the gas block, then .75" forward to the threads. This is not a heavy barrel, which would be .936 at the gas block, it also isn't a deeply scalloped under the hand guards "pencil" barrel. Stag's barrel guru's are going to offer up a suggestion tomorrow that will be very similar to the current 18", while saving a further "smidge" of weight.

Attachment 186918
    Currently, the STAG-10L weighs in at 8.6lbs in a configuration similar to shown above with the 16.5" handguard. At 18.6", we should still be under the 9lb mark. The barrel would be milspec chrome lined and phosphated, 1/10" twist, 4150CMV.

Sample pic of an 18" barrel below, taper to .75" gas block.
    Attachment 186917
    We invite your feedback.
    If you can kep it to the 8.2lb weight or less like their medium/heavy 16.5" offering in the usa, that would be ideal for myself, any heavier and it will be a receiver set and build my own.

Edit, please look up the 16.5 version with 13.5" diamond handguard on stags own website for weight of 8.2lbs as it appears I can't link stags own website in your forum
    Last edited by Brian46; 06-25-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: removed outside link.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Interested in a 308/7.62x51 Non-restricted barrel (as short as possible), and configured as close as possible to the Stag-10S.

Thanks for the work on this.

All the best for your business!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    If you can kep it to the 8.2lb weight or less like their medium/heavy 16.5" offering in the usa, that would be ideal for myself, any heavier and it will be a receiver set and build my own.
    The 16" version has a 13.5" HG and ~2.75" shorter barrel. With the longer handguard and longer barrel for the NR barrel, we are likely going to be about .5lb heavier than the 16" rifle mentioned.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.