Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG ARMS STAG-10 CDN 308 Non-Restricted Barrel Canada

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad68 View Post
    I am running the Fulton/Criterion 2.4lb 18.5 inch barrel in 4150 and chrome lined, it's freaking awesome in my "other" semi auto DI 308. Very accurate.
    It gave me 1.5 MOA with Hirt ammo... lol... for the price and weight I think its the most bang for your buck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Would really want a 308 SS 20” 1:11.25 twist in medium bull barrel with M118LR chamber.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    If you can kep it to the 8.2lb weight or less like their medium/heavy 16.5" offering in the usa, that would be ideal for myself, any heavier and it will be a receiver set and build my own.

Edit, please look up the 16.5 version with 13.5" diamond handguard on stags own website for weight of 8.2lbs as it appears I can't link stags own website in your forum
    Any gunsmith should be able to throw the barrel that comes on it in the lathe and turn it down enough to get it close to your desired weight. Shouldn't bill you any more than an hours labor if you do the disassembly and reassembly yourself. Going this route will probably void the warranty on the barrel but so what

Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan View Post
    Being a 308 produced rifle will there be issues running Austrian hirtenberger 7.62 x51. I was thinking Austrian Surplus might not have enough pressure to cycle the action properly. Is there anybody else here that doesn't reload that was thinking about running military surplus hirtenberger 7.62 x51?
    this.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    The 16" version has a 13.5" HG and ~2.75" shorter barrel. With the longer handguard and longer barrel for the NR barrel, we are likely going to be about .5lb heavier than the 16" rifle mentioned.
    You are not offering the shorter Diamond head handguard? If the barrel profile is lightweight as opposed to the medium/heavy found on most of the other versions, it should negate any weight gain from the additional 2.75" length.

I don't want a boat anchor AR10. Ideally someone needs to make a NR version of the POF Revolution as lightweight is where it's at for any real world application IMO
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Any gunsmith should be able to throw the barrel that comes on it in the lathe and turn it down enough to get it close to your desired weight. Shouldn't bill you any more than an hours labor if you do the disassembly and reassembly yourself. Going this route will probably void the warranty on the barrel but so what
    At that point I would just buy a receiver set and build as it won't end there once I start modifying
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Oh my gaaaaad!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Would really want a 308 SS 20” 1:11.25 twist in medium bull barrel with M118LR chamber.
    Lmts 20 inch 5r is pretty much that. Big money though. And not sure it would work with this receiver. I'm asking around and sent lmt a message.

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    1. what is the price range for the 308 rifles?
    2. can i make it all ambi controls?
    3. i am guessing the stock can be changed from fixed to collapsible?
    4. how much lighter is the 308 to the 6.5?
    5. i am sure they take the 10 round pistol mags in it?
    6. heavy barrel option available?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRussian View Post
    Keep it with the medium profile barrel. No heavy barrel please.
    Message received. Thank-you.

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com