Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Stag 10 NR 18.5" chambered in 308... Its coming....

I agree. Putting together your own rifles and reloading your own ammunition are the beautiful quiet parts of this sport.

nidh0gg, don't be nervous. Reach out to fellow gun buddies at your range, read some good articles, watch some of the better videos on the net; ask some of the retailers. I have never been told to pound salt with any of my questions. The basic tools are not all that expensive, and you can buy them gradually if necessary, rent or borrow in the meantime (but be careful with improvising though...ask me how I know...ouch!)

Irunguns, I am glad to hear that you and Stag Arms support our desire to customize our rifles to our tastes. To that end, if you could simply offer a 'menu' to choose from with respect to the build kits, that would be fantastic. Personally, I like a carbine for general blasting (18.5" .308), a longer range/target build (24" 260 Rem.), and perhaps a varmint build (say 22" 243 Rem.), so one lower and perhaps 2 or 3 uppers eventually would be perfect.

Pax

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    There's alot of satisfaction in a build project. We have some ideas that I think everyone will be excited about. Out of respect for Stag Arms certain things need to be clarified before we move forward with any of our ideas.
    We have you "the customers" best interest in mind so whatever we decide to do you will be involved in the decision.

We will keep you in the loop.

CGN Regular
    Is the build kit a garantee ? I would be willing to order the complete upper / lower if im sure i can get a part package and build it myself. Sourcing parts at different place is not what im willing to do. Or a complete rifle without stock and handguard would work too... I dont care if its 18.5 or 20 or 22 personally...

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Is the build kit a garantee ? I would be willing to order the complete upper / lower if im sure i can get a part package and build it myself. Sourcing parts at different place is not what im willing to do. Or a complete rifle without stock and handguard would work too... I dont care if its 18.5 or 20 or 22 personally...
    This makes a lot of sense.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I’ll gladly loan my barrel nut wrench and reaction rod , to anyone who needs it.
    After I get mine assembled.

They should start a rifle build party. Like a Tupperware party for men. Seriously though, anyone local needing a hand/tools putting one together, I’d be happy to help.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I’ll gladly loan my barrel nut wrench and reaction rod , to anyone who needs it.
    After I get mine assembled.
    Where are you located? I will take up on your offer. I am in Toronto

Thanks guys, I'll look into getting/borrowing some tools to see if I can build one myself!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    NL,
    Looking at $40 shipping, return.

Maybe get a couple guys to share the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by gcoy19 View Post
    They should start a rifle build party. Like a Tupperware party for men. Seriously though, anyone local needing a hand/tools putting one together, I’d be happy to help.
    If we can organize one in the GTA, count me in. Although, I am afraid that if there are spirits involved, we might all end up with some wonky rifles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q362H-xg0ZA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Anyone have a minimum tool list?
    CCFR/NFA