Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag 10 NR 18.5" chambered in 308... Its coming....

Yeah the guys getting their 18 inch Swiss Carbines rebarreled to 18.5 are getting a machined integrated flash suppressor just like the Non restricted rifle

CGN frequent flyer
    Criminal Code section 84:

Barrel length

(2) For the purposes of this Part, the length of a barrel of a firearm is

(a) in the case of a revolver, the distance from the muzzle of the barrel to the breach end immediately in front of the cylinder, and

(b) in any other case, the distance from the muzzle of the barrel to and including the chamber,

but does not include the length of any component, part or accessory including any component, part or accessory designed or intended to suppress the muzzle flash or reduce recoil.

AFAIK, "overall length" is not defined in either the criminal code or the regulations. Basic definition for "overall" is "taking everything into account", so that would include butt spacers and anything attached to the muzzle (anything you need a tool to detach). Ravohs had a good concept for it, I think: shortest length of the firearm in its fire-able state.

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Please stop stating this unless you have law/proof.

These are in canada:

https://dlaskarms.com/collections/ba...andgun-barrels
    They offer slide and barrel porting, so it's the same for rifles.

https://gun-shop.ca/product/10293/

https://www.rdsc.ca/products/storm-l...rrel-stainless

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-arriving-SOON!

and perfectly legal.

okay, i misunderstood when you said drill the end of the barrel to have a compensator. We not talking about that, was talking about increasing length of barrels to get through LEGAL length requirements.

drilling or adding slits on the circumference on the barrel is legal and nobody cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Wrong! It just has to be one piece. Rifling has nothing to with it.
    OOps, doesnt have to be rifled I was totally wrong

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    okay, i misunderstood when you said drill the end of the barrel to have a compensator. We not talking about that, was talking about increasing length of barrels to get through LEGAL length requirements.

drilling or adding slits on the circumference on the barrel is legal and nobody cares about that.
    Cheers, it's nothing personal; It just the umpteenth time I've seen this return without anyone having a text/law quote.

My bad, I should have put a picture of what I meant... that would have made it 1000% better!

I did check on this though, since one of my plans for my Valmet is a conversion to a Galil ARM, but with a 18.5000000001" barrel with the last 1.5" being drilled in to make an integral compensator.

Mine as is right now:

What I'd like to have done on the furthest end of the barrel, once cut to 18.5000000001"(essentially making it look like a 17" barrelled rifle with a 1.5" device on the end )

Some have taken it to extremes though, like this example. The MPX has a 9.5" muzzle device, but you get the idea that you could technically bore/drill a barrel in the same fashion, thus keeping the single-barrel piece at 18.5+"

Last edited by tharkhold; 06-29-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    'nada

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    Yeah the guys getting their 18 inch Swiss Carbines rebarreled to 18.5 are getting a machined integrated flash suppressor just like the Non restricted rifle
    Herron arms does this. They made some ACR barrels like this

We are still waiting on complete specs for the rifles. As soon as we have them we will follow up with a post. The lower receiver sets are coming in this month and we are hoping to have the barrel specs up shortly. The barrels will be available with a low profile gas block and gas tube. We are also trying to have the barrel nut included. We will advise...

Have a great weekend and take advantage of the free shipping to Canada on all parts and accessories.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

So, we can't buy a complete rifle this weekend???

We can post a rifle on the site with no problem but at this point I do not have all the options/specs that are available. I have no doubt everyone would be happy with what we send out but I think its best to have it all out there so you know exactly what you are receiving. We are on it... Friday before July 4th, it's a little crazy...

Stay tuned..

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    So, we can't buy a complete rifle this weekend???

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Tagged