Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No Fudds, AR-15/lego stickers and patches

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    For a historical perspective... just like King George's Redcoats down here, when marauding Bluecoats stormed across the border up there it was your own citizens with whatever weapons they had available that had to form the first line of resistance. While the "Border War" part of the War of 1812 sucked, there were compelling military arguments that made it necessary on both sides... though one would hope that had it been offered and agreed to have Canada sit 1812 out and just be a straight stand-up US v Britain fight, that neutrality would be respected. Unfortunately, both our countries were minor players, and in the clash of George v Napoleon I don't think any neutrality would have been respected much by either just as it was crapped all over at Copenhagen, "you're either with me or you're a threat just by existing outside my control."
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

All firearms owners in Canada are legislated Fudds.....5 round rifle mags / 10 round pistol. Restricted and prohibited classes. No Concealed Carry.
    Its funny how the tacti-cool crowd fantasizes about living in some USA like 2nd amendment protected fantasy land and makes hunters or old timers who don't get enjoyment out of owning an AR the enemy. With friends like these who needs enemies. Our passion is doomed if we are turning on ourselves.

There's a big difference between being force-fed the bullsh*t legislatively, versus advocating it oneself.
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Weird to see a new thread on a dealers forum for a sticker lead to the last few posts... I just wanted to see what people thought of my silly idea for a FUDD sticker.
    Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Knot View Post
    Weird to see a new thread on a dealers forum for a sticker lead to the last few posts... I just wanted to see what people thought of my silly idea for a FUDD sticker.
    Is this normal?
    Pretty much anywhere except heavily moderated sites, at least everywhere in the gunboard scene I've been over almost twenty years. LOL

It *is* a pretty cool idea... can't wait to see what you come up with next.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM5 View Post
    All firearms owners in Canada are legislated Fudds.....5 round rifle mags / 10 round pistol. Restricted and prohibited classes. No Concealed Carry.
    Its funny how the tacti-cool crowd fantasizes about living in some USA like 2nd amendment protected fantasy land and makes hunters or old timers who don't get enjoyment out of owning an AR the enemy. With friends like these who needs enemies. Our passion is doomed if we are turning on ourselves.
    The fact that you have reversed the actual situation would be pretty humorous if it wasn't so sad. When is the last time you heard a non-FUDD say "Why do you need a wooden stocked pump shotgun or bolt action .22". Now tell me no FUDD ever said that about handguns, AR-15s or any of the other 'assault style' firearms. Just whom do you think is more likely to throw the other under the bus to save their own guns? If you haven't figured this out by now it's pretty easy to figure out which camp you're in.
    Last edited by ted_dent; 07-17-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    The fact that you have reversed the actual situation would be pretty humorous if it wasn't so sad. When is the last time you heard a non-FUDD say "Why do you need a wooden stocked pump shotgun or bolt action .22". Now tell me no FUDD ever said that about handguns, AR-15s or any of the other 'assault style' firearms. Just whom do you think is more likely to throw the other under the bus to save their own guns? If you haven't figured this out by know it's pretty easy to figure out which camp you're in.
    This post cries out for a LIKE button...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345