Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: BCL15 Upper/Lower Sets $89.95, Non Cerakoted...in the Raw

Also no longer on facebook. If I get a chance tonight I'll start a thread in the black guns forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by Garaldtao View Post
    That is the whole point with an inexpensive AR build and it is also part of the fun. I've ordered mine. And instead of a Facebook group, just begin a thread on here. I've decided to go a different route to finish the lower and have already ordered some chemicals.
    I'm much more excited about it than my wife is ;-) I like building things (motorcycles) as much as I like using them. I'm not going to cheap out on the build, but I will be very careful with my research. Part of why I'm so interested to see what others are doing.

CGN Regular
    I already have a date with Kool Koatings in two weeks for some badda$$ colour schemes. Definitely more money than I was expecting for an upper / lower / handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by MotrHd View Post
    I'm much more excited about it than my wife is ;-) I like building things (motorcycles) as much as I like using them. I'm not going to cheap out on the build, but I will be very careful with my research. Part of why I'm so interested to see what others are doing.
    Yah, same here, houses, motorcycles, Porsches, sailboats, etc. I ordered 2 upper/lowers and I think I will do one one the cheap to see how low I can go and then I will go all in on the 2nd and customize it to me taste.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpingjackflatch View Post
    Yes, I think a builder's thread would be better as some people are not on Facebook. Like me.
    Same

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Garaldtao View Post
    Yah, same here, houses, motorcycles, Porsches, sailboats, etc. I ordered 2 upper/lowers and I think I will do one one the cheap to see how low I can go and then I will go all in on the 2nd and customize it to me taste.
    Gave up sailing last year; too old to sail in gales at or past the edge of the envelope; gave up on motorcycles years ago, as they are one of the root causes of my back pain that precludes me from sailing; one house, one triplex... enough. Porsche? I love my old Jeep.

It's not going to be a cheap build, but it will be "frugal"... bought a second one too.

Tried to hold out... have enough projects on the go. ah well , that's what visa is for,lol ... So anyways, I'm thinking of ordering the x39 bolt and barrel combo. What else will I need that is different from a .223 build? (this will be my first build) Just a mag? Thanks for any replies....
    CSSA / CCFR / CPC (almost to the point of walking away)

Ryan loves to give it to us raw.

Quote Originally Posted by wd113 View Post
    Tried to hold out... have enough projects on the go. ah well , that's what visa is for,lol ... So anyways, I'm thinking of ordering the x39 bolt and barrel combo. What else will I need that is different from a .223 build? (this will be my first build) Just a mag? Thanks for any replies....
    Yep just the magazine and you'll be good to go, I'd recommend the 14.5" over the 7.5" barrel because the pistol length gas system on the shorter barrel can be a bit finicky. I have one of the pistol barrels and another barrel with a carbine length gas system and I've had more success with that one so far. SFRC has the mags in stock and on sale right now too. 7.62x39 out of an AR-15 is a lot of fun!

https://www.theammosource.com/store/...ff5ttav3evca00

Quote Originally Posted by wd113 View Post
    I'm planning on doing the same thing. My 14.5" barrel is going to ship with my receivers luckily. No expert as this is my first dealings with 7.62x39 but from what I've read I'll be picking up an enhanced firing pin as well in the event that I have issues with light primer strikes on any surplus ammo I shoot.