CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BCL102 Update, July 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Drgreenthumb View Post
    honestly I’m not quite sure what presale it is. I know it’s the newest model with gray trigger and hook stock.
    I paid for it on feb28 got it July 4. Not quite sure how the dust cover comes off. Why do you want it off??
    Have you had bolt - head space issues. How’s the ceracoat and functionality of you’re rifle.

This is for the user named dude in gp. I forgot to post with quote.
    Hey thanks!

Want to change the dust cover to a different one - cosmetic choice only, no problems.

Head space is good, shoots Fed GM and XM80C just fine. The Cerakote is done very well, but i was in a group order with two other ODG and they are all different shades of ODG, oh well.

The only functional problem i had was that the charging handle kept smacking me in the face. Upon inspection, the spring is weak and the handle catch metal is too soft and deformed into a trapezoidal shape. I was able to file an new catch angle (the file chewed through the catch like butter, so as most files are above 50RC i suspect that the metal is under) but after only a couple of shots it deformed again and was smacking me. Just changed it out to a BCM and no worries since.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Would it be possible to reserve a pencil profile barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandred View Post
    Hey Chemist -- is there a barrel breaking in procedure you guys recommend we follow for a brand new rifle?
    I sort of followed McGowen Precision Barrels recommendations.

After for each of the first ten rounds, I ran a Bore Snake three times down the barrel. And then after every 5 rounds for next 5 mags of 5.
    At that point, we were just starting running rounds through the BCL.

After reading about issues here, when the BCL arrived, I gave it a good cleaning and then got the BCG wet with synthetic oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    What colour did you order?
    fde

Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    I sort of followed McGowen Precision Barrels recommendations.

After for each of the first ten rounds, I ran a Bore Snake three times down the barrel. And then after every 5 rounds for next 5 mags of 5.
    At that point, we were just starting running rounds through the BCL.

After reading about issues here, when the BCL arrived, I gave it a good cleaning and then got the BCG wet with synthetic oil.
    Thanks for the info RAConnol! When you say you ran a boresnake down the barrel three times, what lube/oil/solution do you recommend using? EDIT: dont answer that yet lol, I haven't checked out the links you posted.
    Last edited by redwhiteandred; 07-13-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandred View Post
    Thanks for the info RAConnol! When you say you ran a boresnake down the barrel three times, what lube/oil/solution do you recommend using? EDIT: dont answer that yet lol, I haven't checked out the links you posted.
    HA!! Well, I suggest you try your favourite synthetic oil. Some I know, even suggested I can use Mobil 1 automotive oil.

So, as I have lots laying around for my toys which burn gasoline, for my 102 I currently use Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic diesel oil, and the 102 seems to really like it.

I have no idea if this practice is sustainable, and I could be causing unforeseen damage, so this must not be considered anything as experimental.

Honestly, I don't want anyone damaging their firearm, so my only recommendation is to use a synthetic oil specifically made for firearms.

To clean the barrrel, action and most of the 102, I use G96 Triple-Action Gun Treatment.

Rick

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    HA!! Well, I suggest you try your favourite synthetic oil. Some I know, even suggested I can use Mobil 1 automotive oil.

So, as I have lots laying around for my toys which burn gasoline, for my 102 I currently use Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic diesel oil, and the 102 seems to really like it.

I have no idea if this practice is sustainable, and I could be causing unforeseen damage, so this must not be considered anything as experimental.

Honestly, I don't want anyone damaging their firearm, so my only recommendation is to use a synthetic oil specifically made for firearms.

To clean the barrrel, action and most of the 102, I use G96 Triple-Action Gun Treatment.

Rick
    It's sustainable. I've been using G96 and shell Roteilla 0W40 synthetic diesel oil for about 12 years now. Works fantastic. On a side note, you know how everyone raves about how smooth the Tikka action is? Well that combo makes most actions just as smooth. I just received my Tikka A1 and it's smooth but not anymore than my Remington 5R or other rifles with this oil combo. Heck with G96 and Shell oil on the bolt of my Savage 10T, it was even close enough that the Tikka didn't wow. I've been using this combo on AR308 rifles for the past 12 years as well. It works. Even with my Kel-Tec RFB I used it. While others had to do a break in. I didn't.

It's thick enough that it stays close to in place and doesn't burn off like the light gun oils do. Also it works well in cold or heat. If in extreme -50 cold then just use G96 alone and your firearm will function perfectly. -30 and warmer and the oil works well.

Some will criticize that it has detergents in it. It does as do all diesel oils. But I haven't found any negatives from this. In fact it seems like the carbon sort of balls up a bit and then falls away from the action. It takes a quarter of the time to clean and the carbon doesn't seem to end up suspended in the lube like it does with grease types of lube.

When I first saw your post regarding this combo, I did chuckle. Looks like someone else in a cold environment with a diesel truck came to the same idea. I had already applied this to my BCL102. Good inexpensive high end gun oil.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 07-13-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Just an FYI on numbers this week. We were aiming for 96 guns going out but we only made it to 83. We’re expecting about 100 guns to ship next week as the ones we were shorted this week start shipping Monday.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Just an FYI on numbers this week. We were aiming for 96 guns going out but we only made it to 83. We’re expecting about 100 guns to ship next week as the ones we were shorted this week start shipping Monday.

Ryan
    Oustanding Ryan, got the email today!! Will try and get everyone & CGN as much information as I can after I’ve spent “me time” with it. Thanks again for the utmost respect and patience during this somewhat of a 102 circus....

Edit* nvm that last post. Installed a replacement ejector as well as spring sent to me by bcl. Put it all back together, slammed the bolt forward and blamo it's locked shut. The bolt is open and not locked, its just jamed on the locking lugs. I have already broken the charging handle trying to unjam this thing and a dowel trying to to get it open the other way. Looks like i'm not going shooting this weekend.
    Last edited by Mack2370; 07-14-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast