Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hera Arms AR-15 9mm. Can you get these?

Hera Arms AR-15 9mm. Can you get these?

Not sure if this has been asked before but since you stock some Hera Arms products are you able to get their 9mm lowers/uppers and complete rifles? I would be interested in just a lower or receiver set if possible, it looks like they come stripped or with lower parts installed. It takes colt mags which are already readily available here. Anyone else interested in these?

Full rifle: http://www.hera-arms.de/ar15-9mm

Lower receiver: http://www.hera-arms.de/lower

Name:  heraarms.png
Views: 1723
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  heraarms2.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  21.2 KB

They are speaking German in the video and Youtube's auto-translate seems to be terrible but you get a good look at the rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EtjcHe9bVM
    Last edited by GlassLightning; 07-09-2018 at 04:18 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    AR "variant"?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    AR "variant"?
    If AR uppers attach then yes. Looks like they do.

CGN Regular
    I'd be in for a stripped or complete lower, preferably stripped.

Yup; a stripped lower would be dynamite. I’d be in for one if the $$$ were reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSC_WARRIOR View Post
    I'd be in for a stripped or complete lower, preferably stripped.
    I was wondering about the stripped lowers, knowing little about 9mm ARs would the pistol specific magazine catch/other parts be easy to find here and are they the same across multiple manufacturers or would Wolverine have to bring in specific parts from Hera too?

CGN Regular
    i have to wonder what the point of bringing these in now that the FX-9 is coming in and IT'S non restricted,and since 9mm AR's have a reputation with reliability issues, the FX-9 makes way more sense doesn't it?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassLightning View Post
    I was wondering about the stripped lowers, knowing little about 9mm ARs would the pistol specific magazine catch/other parts be easy to find here and are they the same across multiple manufacturers or would Wolverine have to bring in specific parts from Hera too?
    Colt style 9mm lowers mostly use the exact same parts as your standard 5.56 AR-15 lower (including magazine catch). Only specific parts are the proprietary longer 9mm bolt catch, buffer (which is a bit longer and heavier) and extractor (which is bolted to the lower and often supplied with it). Standard 9mm bolt catch and buffer should be compatible with the Hera Arms lower.
    Last edited by UNSC_WARRIOR; 07-10-2018 at 12:12 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    i have to wonder what the point of bringing these in now that the FX-9 is coming in and IT'S non restricted,and since 9mm AR's have a reputation with reliability issues, the FX-9 makes way more sense doesn't it?
    Not that the FX-9 isn't an interesting gun, it's just not an AR. Some people don't really care about restricted/non-restricted since they shoot at the range anyway. I personally like (very) short barrelled PCCs and the NR FX-9 just doesn't suit that need.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSC_WARRIOR View Post
    Not that the FX-9 isn't an interesting gun, it's just not an AR. Some people don't really care about restricted/non-restricted since they shoot at the range anyway. I personally like (very) short barrelled PCCs and the NR FX-9 just doesn't suit that need.
    understood,,but still 9mm Ar's aren't exactly known for reliability,but i see where range only doesn't matter to people stuck in cities,but when you have acreage to play on,NR sure is fun,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast