Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The New SAM Commander Special

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Exactly how much shorter is the grip compared to a standard size 1911 frame?

A photo of the guns overlapping would be most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Seconding this.
    9 please, pretty please!!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    I think you are referring to the grip safety.
    I looked the part up on a 1911 diagram and that's what I was referring to. I've only had experience on the Browning FN high power in the military and I didn't recall it having that. Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I've had a fraud alert and had to nix my gun buying Visa. Sheeeiiittt!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    I looked the part up on a 1911 diagram and that's what I was referring to. I've only had experience on the Browning FN high power in the military and I didn't recall it having that. Thanks.
    The BHP has an internal magazine safety that means the gun will only fire with a mag inserted. The 1911 has a grip safety that means the gun has to be held tightly to fire. There aren't many other guns that have a grip safety. Sort of an answer to a question that should have been ignored IMHO.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Exactly how much shorter is the grip compared to a standard size 1911 frame?

A photo of the guns overlapping would be most helpful.
    Six rounds not seven for the Officer Model frame. The grips are shorter, and the mainspring housing is different.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

I ask too many questions prproulx's Avatar
    The ACT mag that comes with the gun holds seven rounds. Also Wilson Combat Officer mags hold seven as well. The E-Lander mags on the site hold six.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    CCO (Concealed Carry Officers) is considered a desirable configuration as it is more reliable with the 4.25 barrel/slide, while having a short grip for concealed carry.

Colt made this a few years back before other companies picked up on the concept.

To put things in perspective over a decade ago I had to have CCO's built by Don Williams and imported as they were almost impossible to get in Canada...especially in 9mm like the pair I ordered.

Just like the WK180C, we are now getting guns at a reasonable price that we could only dream about 10 to 20 years ago.

CGN Regular
    I had a SIG pro carry that was the exact same concept. I used to ccw it in Alaska. Sold it years ago. This is less than half the price! I need to get one!

I'm going to through in my vote for 9mm as well
    Giveth thy joys unto Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be joyless. - Norc 3:05

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast