Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BCL AR15 18.6” Stainless Match Barrels

I put one on my MDI. Haven't really focused on accuracy yet because I was more concerned with doing the proper break-in procedure.

Fit and finish is excellent. Might get a second one for my Modern Sporter when it arrives.

Canadian made, a good deal, and as far as I can tell the *only* NR barrel option with a midlength gas port. Can't go wrong!
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    No issues. They’ll all work. Normally less recoil with the longer systems. I’d prefer a rifle length gas system for an 18.5”.
    That was a major selling point for me on this Barrel is it had a mid-length system. Since I'm going to be running a lot of reloads through this Barrel, I thought a mid-length system would be a better option, plus I prefer a shorter handguard but I still want to keep the gas block covered. There are lots of other options for rifle length 18.6 barrels. As far as I can tell this is the only 18.6 on the market with a mid-length.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

Has anyone weighed theirs yet?
    I dont see weight listed in the description on the website.

SFRC quoted me 2.2lbs. Confirmed 2.1 and change on my old kitchen scale.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    That was a major selling point for me on this Barrel is it had a mid-length system. Since I'm going to be running a lot of reloads through this Barrel, I thought a mid-length system would be a better option, plus I prefer a shorter handguard but I still want to keep the gas block covered. There are lots of other options for rifle length 18.6 barrels. As far as I can tell this is the only 18.6 on the market with a mid-length.
    MRA makes a SS 18.6 with mid length. but its the one without the 5R rifling.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    MRA makes a SS 18.6 with mid length. but its the one without the 5R rifling.
    I looked into that a few months ago when I did the build, and they were no longer offering them with a mid-length system. Maybe they started producing them again.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    SFRC quoted me 2.2lbs. Confirmed 2.1 and change on my old kitchen scale.
    Thank you very much

CGN Regular
    I had pretty good accuracy results with mine. No verniers, but eye ball I’d say under 2” with AE bulk at 100 yards...oh and I’m a terrible shot. I don’t like accuracy testing when it’s cold out!

Has anyone shot these with match ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Has anyone shot these with match ammo?
    Thats what i'm looking for..... maybe SFRC can do a build and shoot some Match ammo, or even Hornady Black ammo through it.

Were all interested in potential accuracy!!
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast