Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

I kind of like it!
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Regular
    Interesting look for the girl. Enjoy your journey kiwi

I feel dirty saying it, but I kinda like the look of that stock...
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Aye, I also think it looks pretty good. Custom manufactured stock? Make 'em available for Canadian customers down the line?
    NSC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The "donut" and rubber plug were in place?
    No donut. Only plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan71 View Post
    No donut. Only plug.
    Please send an e-mail to Service@kodiakdefence.com explaining your problem and they will get a replacement in the mail to you. Is the extractor "hook" good? They should work with the donut or plug missing but with a new gun everything will be on the tight side.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC1234 View Post
    Aye, I also think it looks pretty good. Custom manufactured stock? Make 'em available for Canadian customers down the line?
    One off hand made for now. If this project flys then most likely they will be available, they will also be polymer. Nothing for now however.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman24 View Post
    RRA refers to Rock River Arms, the company that made the LAR15 - Check the bottom of the mag for the brand.
    I checked. They are marked RRA. Using them resulted in a failure to feed all the way into the chamber - they would get about halfway and then require me to slap the bolt handle.

I compared the RRA mags to the TROY and HERA; With both polymer mags I could push the round forward and out of the mag by hand with little effort.

Not so with the RRA mags. With the RRA mags I had to use a spent case to push from behind and pull with my fingers - using so much force on one bullet that I pulled the bullet out of the case as it came out the magazine. Thus, I don’t blame the rifle.

Do RRA mags require a break in? They’d been loaded for maybe a year but not used - the spring still seemed stiff. Although, compared to loading 5 rounds in a 30 almost any spring would seem stuff.

Any ideas on how to get these mags reliable? Just shoot them? Lube? Maybe some fine grit paper under the feed lips?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    I had issue with the RRA LAR mags as well unless they only had 6 rounds or less. Look at the cutout on the back of the Mag where the follower sits compared to other AR mags. It is lower. Not sure if this is part of the issue with them.

The same mags run fine in my AR (DDM4V5).
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    My WK is one of the first 75 built and is absolutely flawless. My second one should be here within a month, I’m hoping it works as good as the first. These rifles are all built to the same spec, if cleaned and lubed properly I can’t see why they all shouldn’t function properly. I believe the majority of the issues guys are having is either mag or ammo related. Is it possible some guys are trying to shoot to long of bullets for the mags. I tried some Nosler Custom 60gr and they just fit in the Lar 15 mags. With Hornady steel match 55 gr or AE 55 gr there is more room in the mag and they cycle great.