Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I'm using Park Tool 1000 Polylube bicycle grease on metal on metal parts and regular gun oil on the bolt. Works for me.

I posted this in another forum but I know Wolverine monitors this one.

Love my WK180! And it’s been running well.

I just received some of the Independence ammo. Thus, I checked my rifle with the ammo.

On some (maybe 1 in 3) unfired rounds I need to mortar the rifle, while applying pressure on the charging handle to extract an unfired cartridge. Is this a concern? Is it normal?

If it’s normal I have no problem with that.

The rifle will feed and fire the rounds fine.

Should I send it back to have it resized?

Edit to add: I’ve got about 200 rounds through the rifle. Is this a break in thing maybe?
    Last edited by JeffMan; 09-01-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I posted this in another forum but I know Wolverine monitors this one.

Love my WK180! And it’s been running well.

I just received some of the Independence ammo. Thus, I checked my rifle with the ammo.

On some (maybe 1 in 3) unfired rounds I need to mortar the rifle, while applying pressure on the charging handle to extract an unfired cartridge. Is this a concern? Is it normal?

If it’s normal I have no problem with that.

The rifle will feed and fire the rounds fine.

Should I send it back to have it resized?

Edit to add: I’ve got about 200 rounds through the rifle. Is this a break in thing maybe?
    It is not normal to have to mortar a rifle to expell a unfired round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    It is not normal to have to mortar a rifle to expell a unfired round.
    Independence ammo is the only ammo I have to do this with.

I tried AE, Norinco, 62gr green tip, Remington, SouthAfrican 5.56. - it all ejects complete cartridges easily.

Maybe this Independence stuff is the problem and not the chamber.

The Independence stuff ejects complete cartridges easily from my XCR-L

STRANGE

Took my Wk180 to the range today, fired approx 200 rnds, it ran like a top. No issues of any kind. I did get it very wet with oil prior to firing (bolt & guide rods). The hand guards will need some kind of Mlok covers as it gets hot as F@%k.

I tried six different types of magazines, five of them worked as expected: the two 5/30rd Hera’s it came with, a buddies metal S&W 5/10rd mag, Magpul 5/30 rd mags, plastic Beowulf 50 cal mag, & MFT pistol mags (love these mags, they work well in everything I’ve tried them in).

The sixth magazine type ran fine as well (5/30rd metal USGI look alikes), but are crazy tight fit to insert and remove from the magazine well. Not 100% sure what the issue is as these mags work fine in my ARs, but appear to be just a bit to wide for the WK.

Gonna try some other Ammo to see if the groups tighten up, and I’ll need to run another 500-1000 rounds to confirm reliability, but i’m liking my WK180 very much.

Cheers.

Update on my rifle that seems to have a tight chamber - I had posted that I have to mortar Independence 5.56 to extract live rounds.

Anyways, I went through the brass that I kept, about 200 rounds. I found two peireced primers of 5.56 brass, the rest of the 5.56 brass has cratered primers. This was Norinco 5.56 that I suspect is loaded fairly hot.

On the two pierced primers I can actually see light through.

My Remington 223 brass looked normal.

The firing pin and bolt look undamaged.

I won’t shoot 5.56 until Kodiak gets back to me. I haven’t even tried to shoot the Independence 5.56

I still like the rifle a lot and feel badly for Kodiak and Wolverine who, with the best of intentions, have to put up with this.

Lots of brass dings all over reciever after firing 80 rounds, perhaps the gas system needs adjusting. Accuracy was awful (followed break-in) as was the trigger (thats okay, easily swapped), the finish wore off the pic rail from mounting and removing optic once, and the magnet in my charging handle broke into two and fell out. I already contacted kodiak. Other than that i really like the rifle and look forward to using it more.

I've had pierced primers with Norc CJ95 ammo as well as problems chambering Independence 5.56 in 223 Wylde barrels.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by adriel View Post
    I've had pierced primers with Norc CJ95 ammo as well as problems chambering Independence 5.56 in 223 Wylde barrels.
    In Wylde barrels other then the 180?

Maybe my issues with the WC180 is ammo. Perhaps the rifle is just fine then.

I had à chance to try mine today, 30 rounds later had 1 one light strike primer on iwi ammo, the hole on the bolt where the fire pin pass seems opening a bit and the brass hit the right side of the upper leaving some mark
    But over all wow! Very fun rifle!