Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I tried mine out this past weekend.

Tula ammo feeding from a metal XCR mag would sometimes run into the feed ramp without chambering. Other mags worked fine. Federal independence worked fine. I may have run a handful of norc, and it worked fine

Accuracy...eh... considering I have DD irons on it, my eyes were probably as much at fault as the rifle.

Not much for ejector marks on the revceiver, but I do run a 3Bucc brass catcher attached to the handguard - the pic rail on the receiver is out of spec on the large side - my brass catcher mount would not fit it and, in fact broke when I persuaded it.

Gun ran fine with the Triggertech in it. No malfunctions other than the few feed errors with the Tula. No odd primer marks that I could tell.

I had the gubbins lubed up sloppy with wheel bearing grease, and noticed nothing unexpected for wear/markings afterwards.

It's probably way over gassed, by the briskness of operation.

As my designated blaster, it's probably going to see nothing but surplus ammo until I run out of same. I don't plan to spend time tuning reloads for it.

It's a rifle I bought for political reasons more than any other.

Good on Wolverine for forcing the other guy to blink. I'm proud to support that.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Sorry for the size, ill look into making these pics smaller, but First pic is 5 round group just after sighting with a 3x Vortex Spitfire at 40 yards, The squares are 1". The second pic is a 10 round group from 40 with the 3x from prone with my toolbag as a rest. I don't see an issue with the accuracy of this rifle and with a better scope and moving out to 100 or 200 yards i'm pretty confident i could reciprocate these shots.

As an Added note , My 10 round pistol mags only work with 9 rounds as the gun wont chamber the round with 10 but works none the less. the Hera mags work flawlessly and all mags drop freely. i havent had any issues with the primers as others noted and everything looks and feels good.

Thanks Wolverine, i look forward to future productions when the times comes.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    In Wylde barrels other then the 180?

Maybe my issues with the WC180 is ammo. Perhaps the rifle is just fine then.
    Yep, on 2 different AR's. One had a DD barrel, the other had a Rainer Barrel.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Took mine out today for the first time. Ran fine for the first 100 or so rounds using PMC .223 55 gr and some MFS 62 gr soft points. Then it became a jammomatic sad to say. When I switched back to the brass cased PMC then every few rounds when fired it would not extract the case but would try to feed another round. Looked like the extractor claw was coming off the rim of the cartridges. Once the round that was pushed in behind the one left in the chamber was removed a simple cycle of the bolt and the casing in the chamber would seem to come out no problem. This happened numerous times to the point I got fed up and came home. Took the rifle apart to check and clean it. Pulled bolt apart and extractor claw seems to not have much spring pressure. In fact just holding the bolt in my fingers putting barely any pressure on the extractor claw and the retaining pin for the extractor claw falls out. I was really hoping this rifle would have no problems but it seems that will not be the case. I hope it is just the extractor claw and not other issues. What would need to be done to get more spring tension on the extractor? My XCR-L has a lot stronger extractor spring than this...

Name:  IMG_4176.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  30.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_4177.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  34.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4178.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  30.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_4179.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  37.3 KB
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Just picked mine up today from the post office. Love the feel and weighting. Shoulders great. I was curious as I don’t t recall reading anything stating if it does or doesn’t come with a paper manual or simply an online PDF. I only received the rifle, a couple extra pieces, the two mags and a warranty card. Am I missing anything?
    Founder of LoKoL Klothing Inc.
    www.lokolklothing.com
    @LoKoLKlothing
    #WhatsYourLoKoL

Ljones - I would contact koadiak about your extraction issue, could be a light spring, I’m sure someone more knowledgeable then myself will chime in
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    Ljones - I would contact koadiak about your extraction issue, could be a light spring, I’m sure someone more knowledgeable then myself will chime in
    I already have messaged them. Awaiting a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKoL View Post
    Just picked mine up today from the post office. Love the feel and weighting. Shoulders great. I was curious as I don’t t recall reading anything stating if it does or doesn’t come with a paper manual or simply an online PDF. I only received the rifle, a couple extra pieces, the two mags and a warranty card. Am I missing anything?
    online manual. You can download it and have a copy on your device. Or print it out if you want but not really needed.

Seems like the weak extractor spring is more than a "one off". It's been mentioned before.
    Подай набої, є що стріляти. Think Plink!