Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    I have Magpul BUIS on my DD AR and had to tap them on as well. Once they are on and off a couple of times the polymer wears enough that they are easier to move.
    I had to push pretty hard to get my magpul backup sights on the rail, but didn't need a hammer. However the rear sight took some breaking in to get it to flip up properly. No big deal. All is working properly now.

Had mine out to the range today. Major failure to extract issues, i.e., just about every round. Looks like a common problem. Email into Kodiak service.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    Had mine out to the range today. Major failure to extract issues, i.e., just about every round. Looks like a common problem. Email into Kodiak service.
    Is yours the early batches of rifles? I think some are picky with magazines.

I had mine out recently, but only had time to shoot about 120 rounds of various cheap stuff (all .223, rifle is 5.56 chambered). Not a huge sample size, but I had zero FTF or FTE. CPD metal 10/10, MFT polymer 10/10, CPD metal 5/30, and the Hera 5/30 mags all worked without issue. No issues with pins walking out and I didn't find the trigger particularly awful (might speak more to my inexperience with after-market triggers). Did not perform barrel break in. RIP accuracy.

My rifle doesn't have a charging handle magnet (guess I'll have to ask Kodiak for one) and the inner left-side of the upper receiver is showing some wear which may be related to that (as compared to the right side). Most of the fasteners were loose when I first opened the box, nothing a few tools can't fix. They stopped using the plates with the sling attachments, I guess that was the trade off for the nicer stock. I also found the back-plate/takedown-button to be very tight in the upper receiver. Generous lube helped, but the first time taking it down was a chore. Also, the thing with the rail and the Magpul rear MBUS; had to shave down the bottom of the release levers on the sides.

Overall, good rifle (at least my copy). Happy with purchase.
    NSC

CGN Regular
    I cannot thread any ar15 barrel nuts onto the Wk180c receiver. Either mine is out of spec or there too much anodizing. Also the original nut is torqued on waaay too tight.

Was the case still on the bolt? Or was the case left in the chamber when the bolt picked up a second round?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Chances are the part you need to increase extractor tension is in that little bag of spare parts that came with your gun. Owen from Kodiak should be able to walk you through installing it over the phone in minutes.

Friend of mine has the same problem. Got the o-ring from the spare parts kit installed and he's been 300 rds straight without an issue. Or for a few pennies you can get a mil-spec AR 15 extractor spring. Does the same job.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Was the case still on the bolt? Or was the case left in the chamber when the bolt picked up a second round?
    Case was stuck in the chamber when the bolt picked up a new round. Kodiak advised me to install the rubber O-ring on the extractor spring. I will do that, but also ordered an upgraded extractor spring from TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Chances are the part you need to increase extractor tension is in that little bag of spare parts that came with your gun. Owen from Kodiak should be able to walk you through installing it over the phone in minutes.

Friend of mine has the same problem. Got the o-ring from the spare parts kit installed and he's been 300 rds straight without an issue. Or for a few pennies you can get a mil-spec AR 15 extractor spring. Does the same job.
    I contacted Kodiak and they suggested I install the O-ring. I went ahead and ordered a replacement extractor spring as well. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

CGN Regular
    Got mine out Yesterday. #12XX
    Used included hera mags and mft mags
    used 55gr federal cheap stuff did not fine tune for accuracy but it was shooting pretty good with this ammo using just my hunting bipod from about 80-90yards.
    Im confident from a solid rest and with better ammo that I can shoot a 1" group with it next time when tables not burried in snow I will try to dial it in see how good of a group I can get from a better rest setup and better ammo.
    I only shot around 80 rounds NO FTE, NO FTF Im no expert on these guns this is my first gun like this but I think its a winner im happy.
    Finish is nice looks good feels good was fun shooting it looks like it will be better then advertised accuracy.
    If ya dont want brass marks ya need brass deflector Im gonna get one.
    Charging handle I wish was more solid threaded or better magnet not a huge deal to me though.
    Trigger seemed to be getting better heard it does get lil better with use but I think I will change it heard ya can use paracord to smooth it will google that later lol.
    I think im gonna put the fixed carbine stock on it and change grip add a sling and qd mount at front for the sling and use it for coyote hunting!
    Last edited by iceangler650; 02-25-2019 at 12:09 AM.