Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Ran my 180 again today, I ran the gun pretty wet this time and had zero issues.

Keep her wet, at least during break-in and you won't have a problem.

I was able to keep 5 shot groups at a little over an inch with PMC 55gr @ 100

Now I just need a 50 beo bolt!
    I agree this gun is tight

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Postman just dropped off the package

Do all these rifles have a bit of play (rattle) between the upper and lower?

It sure seems a solid piece otherwise.

Range tomorrow
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Postman just dropped off the package

Do all these rifles have a bit of play (rattle) between the upper and lower?

It sure seems a solid piece otherwise.

Range tomorrow
    Yes, mine does. Not of much consequence. You can use a accu-wedge or shim of some type to lock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Yes, mine does. Not of much consequence. You can use a accu-wedge or shim of some type to lock it up.
    It is very slight, thanks for the feedback!

If you want to install a Magpul (or perhaps any other) bipod mount in the front M-Lok position you will need to grind down one of the mounting screws - the one for the aft hole. It is too long out of the box and hits the gas block.

You can see the threads of the screw I am speaking about on the right

Got mine lastnight. Fit and finish is really good considering the price. Excellent machining, I've yet to find a blemish or bad spot
    Supplied hera mags did not drop free (almost, not quite) and my Lancer L5 mags dropped no problem.

Getting the rig out on Monday and I'll try a few different brands of ammo and report back in.

Thumbs up

Had the rifle at the range for the first time this morning. Only got through 75 rounds, I had limited time.
    Finished the barrel break-in process & then another 40 rounds after that.

The rifle performed beautifully with no hic ups. The supplied Hera mags & the Lancer L5 mags both finished with the bolt held open. For those that are concerned, I didn’t notice any marks or dents around the ejection port after 75 rounds.
    There is a slight amount of receiver play, not enough to bother most including me but some of the more obsessive fellows it might. Although easily remedied if that sort of thing drives you nuts.
    I thought I would hate the shorter handguard and had already started compiling a list of ones to replace it, but after handling and firing it today I’m pretty sure I’ll keep the stock one. It felt balanced and solid.

The trigger is what you’d except from a stock mil-spec ar15 trigger. It’s not the worst thing out there but I think a trigger upgrade is in my future. It felt a little heavy for my tastes.

I’m taking it back up to the range in the morning as I didn’t have access to the 100yard today, had to settle for 20 yard Multi-Purpose bays which was fine for barrel break in. I’ll run some different commercial loads and see how it does for grouping.

All in all, I’m super impressed with what I got especially for the money spent

Well done Wolverine & Kodiak

John and all at Wolverine, I know you have commented that you may not be following other threads here but the info ref the handguard<>gasblock has been passed along by griffin68 and I can confirm it with my rifle (cut and paste from my thread https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...at-the-range):

Further from JaredP's comments on his rifle, half of my handguard screws had loctite and the other half did not. John @ Wolverine has said they should not have loctite but a few got out that way. Use a 3mm allen and they come out with just a bit of pressure required, heads stayed OK.

griffin68 reported his safety selector screws were backing out and needed loctite but mine have loctite both sides. Also his comments regarding the handguard touching the gas block are correct. It is more pronounced on one side - the other side seems fine. Not sure if there is enough play in the guard holder when tightening the screws to keep a gap on all sides but I think Kodiak needs to address this and open up the area around the gas block slightly to guarantee a free floating guard. Probably the easiest thing for them to do is reduce the OD of the gas block a few thou.....

Another slight annoyance to note is any M-Lok accessories on the lower part of the handguard aft of the block need to be removed to take the handguard off. This is due to clearances between the M-Lok t-nuts/screws and the gas block on the way by.

CGN Regular
    My hand guard screws were good and tight with no lock tite. I did remove the screws on the safety selector and put blue lock tight on them. I’m not sure the gun is over gassing but the hand guard touching the gas block is effecting the groups. I could make my groups open up by putting more pressure on the fore end.

Attachment 197096Attachment 197096

Just received my wk the other day. Been busy so I haven’t had a time to fire it yet. But I am really pleased with the fit and finish. Will probably change the buttstock out, and I will let the trigger break in before I consider a replacement. Should be a fun shooter. If it proves to be reasonable accurate, it will be my dedicated coyote reaper.
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
    Dalai Lama XIV