Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroma View Post
    I love the look and feel of the rifle… Very solid and well manufactured.

Here’s a few issues I’ve noticed so far…

Disassembly is difficult on mine because the takedown button, which in turn is also the rear guide rod holder is getting caught up on something. I actually have to tap the take down button with a hammer and punch to disassemble it. I will try to find what it’s catching on and clean it up.

The second issue is the flash Hider! I’m trying to remove the old one to install and a different one. Man oh man is that thing ever on there tight! I put The barrel in a barrel vice and tried to break it free. Nope. Then I put heat to the flash hider. Nope.
    I think I may have to just cut the factory one off in order to remove it! I would rather destroy the factory flash Hider than Marr the finish on the barrel!

Looking forward to shooting it.

Ty
    I wonder if they put Rocksett on the flash hider.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

It’s possible… Because I’ve never had one on there that tight. Maybe somebody from wolverine can chime in on the answer To that.

I love the look and feel of the rifle… Very solid and well manufactured.

Here’s a few issues I’ve noticed so far…

Disassembly is difficult on mine because the takedown button, which in turn is also the rear guide rod holder is getting caught up on something. I actually have to tap the take down button with a hammer and punch to disassemble it. I will try to find what it’s catching on and clean it up.

The second issue is the flash Hider! I’m trying to remove the old one to install and a different one. Man oh man is that thing ever on there tight! I put The barrel in a barrel vice and tried to break it free. Nope. Then I put heat to the flash hider. Nope.
    I think I may have to just cut the factory one off in order to remove it! I would rather destroy the factory flash Hider than Marr the finish on the barrel!

Looking forward to shooting it.

Ty
    https://imgur.com/a/j2qcLJ2

I am having the same exact issue. Had to use a punch. I noticed a few wear marks on the plate - and in line with those wear marks, in the receiver, are some very slight and very smooth seams. I wonder if those were supposed to be ground down.

close to 1000 round and not a single failure! love it! only thing is IMPOSSIBLE to remove screws from handguard! am i the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/j2qcLJ2

I am having the same exact issue. Had to use a punch. I noticed a few wear marks on the plate - and in line with those wear marks, in the receiver, are some very slight and very smooth seams. I wonder if those were supposed to be ground down.
    Hmmmm...I'll have to check my rifle for those seams.

Ty
    I am having the same issue with the flash hider. I wanted to install the TNA can but no matter how much heat applied, no joy. I read somewhere on another forum that soaking the hider threads in Kroil (not sure what the equivalent of it is in Canada) and then trying again might help. I put some WD40 on it last night, will let it sit for a bit and see if I can go at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    I am having the same issue with the flash hider. I wanted to install the TNA can but no matter how much heat applied, no joy. I read somewhere on another forum that soaking the hider threads in Kroil (not sure what the equivalent of it is in Canada) and then trying again might help. I put some WD40 on it last night, will let it sit for a bit and see if I can go at it again.
    I think Rocksett’s melting point is 2000 degrees and guys soak the muzzle in water.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I think Rocksett’s melting point is 2000 degrees and guys soak the muzzle in water.
    OK, if the WD doesn't do anything, then I'll go that route. But how to confirm its Rocksett?

Is there plan for a 7.62x39 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    OK, if the WD doesn't do anything, then I'll go that route. But how to confirm its Rocksett?
    I would send Kodiak an email.
    CGN Weekly Schedule