Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272829303132333435363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    OK, if the WD doesn't do anything, then I'll go that route. But how to confirm its Rocksett?
    Definitely get in touch w/ support. I received my rifle Monday and have been in touch w/ support since Tuesday. VERY positive experience w/ them so far. I'd say top notch customer support.

Now, that being said. I received my rifle Monday. Tuesday the weather was garbage so I didn't get to the range, but I went over the manual. Mine came from Frontier, in the land-race from 2 weeks ago on Friday afternoon. I've had my eye on this rifle since I re-licensed back in December, but I couldn't bare waiting 6mo to a year for a pre-order to get mine. Frontier had a post here about getting 15 and land-racing them so I took break early to make sure I could be in front of my comp at 3pm.

Mines 19CA1XXX

I got 2 Hera mags, and a warranty card, but no spare parts kit. Didn't realize it came w/ one til I hit the forums here.

Contacted Support about spare parts, but got an email back about an hour later from their support guy. Owen's been awesome to deal with. Said he'd send a parts kit out right away, just asked for my Serial and Mailing address.
    I told him to hold off just so I could check and see if there were any other of the common faults people mentioned in the forums. My takedown pin was pretty stiff, and I wanted to confirm if there was a magnet in my charging handle.

Day one at the range went perfectly fine. Got half way through barrel break in, using factory mags, and American Eagle 62 grain 5.56, American Eagle .223 55 gr, and Independence 55gr 5.56.
    0 Failures at all, ran like a dream. I can't comment much on accuracy yet because I just grabbed the iron sights off my gsg-15, I don't have optics I can switch at this point, its my first rifle of this type.

Tore it down quickly before going back to the range today to finish barrel break in, more rounds of the above type. I have the magnet, my teardown has loosened a little but I'm gonna tear down again tomorrow for a cleaning. Its my first rifle of this type and caliber, and I have to say I'm SUPER pleased with mine. Timing somehow worked out, I wouldn't mind a stronger magnet in my charging handle but I can completely live with what I got at this price point. I've got a 3-9 scope coming as a loaner next week so I'll be able to see what it can do at 50 or 100 yds.
    Supports been great, the rifles been great, I even had one of the 3d printed deflectors show up from HEK the same day.

Very happy customer at this point

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodsnake View Post
    Definitely get in touch w/ support. I received my rifle Monday and have been in touch w/ support since Tuesday. VERY positive experience w/ them so far. I'd say top notch customer support.
    I sent an email to Kodiak and received a reply from Owen pretty quickly. He said the flash suppressor is lubed and torqued. Must be some torque!!! Also said use a BEV block. Debating it at the moment, the block is $80 something, may go the wood block with friction tape route to hold the barrel in the vise.

Forgive me for asking which way I should go if I want to remove the flash hider? Counter clockwise? I recall reading a post from a guy who used a monkey wrench and someone holding to remove the hider. Did you try that yet? Got me thinking will the impact gun bit fit the hider?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Forgive me for asking which way I should go if I want to remove the flash hider? Counter clockwise? I recall reading a post from a guy who used a monkey wrench and someone holding to remove the hider. Did you try that yet? Got me thinking will the impact gun bit fit the hider?
    If you give it 3 ugga duggas it should go.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Counter clockwise. I'm using an adjustable spanner with a long handle. Still soaking in WD40. Leaving it overnight to see if it works. I'll make the wooden block for the vise tomorrow, shouldn't take long. Already have some 3M friction tape.

I am loving mine. I've already sold my CSA VZ-58 in .223 and I'm now thinking of selling my Norinco Type 97 FTU, as I'm pretty much just shooting my 180c over my other 5.56 rifles. I will not be selling my 180c. I'm at 300 rounds fired so far without a hiccup. It loves the 10 round pistol mags. Thanks guys....you've made a fantastic rifle IMHO.

Right is "tight"......Left is "loose"

CGN Regular
    I use GM [ GENERAL MOTORS ] penetrating oil you can get from any dealer in the parts dept. It will loosen anything.

Alright, thank you for the advise. Can’t wait to get my deflector and my muzzle then I’m ready to go. Already install type 1 covers and custom gun rail saying zombie killer in fde and I would like a bigger magnet on my charging handle some how.