Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334353637383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

I bought a faux suppressor with a muzzle brake still waiting but after I read this I am not so sure if I will Ever try something then. From all things I try with monkey wrench if I can’t do it right away I use a extentend pipe to pull something tight and it always works. Last time I did was is with 900ace skidoo clutch, damn that darn thing was there tightly even impact gun couldn’t take it off.

I’m just gonna split the flash suppressor and cut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I bought a faux suppressor with a muzzle brake still waiting but after I read this I am not so sure if I will Ever try something then. From all things I try with monkey wrench if I can’t do it right away I use a extentend pipe to pull something tight and it always works. Last time I did was is with 900ace skidoo clutch, damn that darn thing was there tightly even impact gun couldn’t take it off.
    Your muzzle device may not behave the same way. Whether you install the can or or not, have you tried removing the flash hider? I'm going to keep at it.

I haven’t yet and haven’t shoot it yet. Yeah, Tyroma’s Idea might be a good idea, I thought about my dremel, I would try to leave just enough material then bang that thing off.
    Last edited by Mr.Subzero; 03-31-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

I haven’t yet and haven’t shoot it yet. Yeah, Tyroma’s Idea might be a good idea, I thought about my dremel, I would try to leave just enough material then bang that thing off.
    I've read that somewhere. AR-15 forums I think. The flash hider is only $20 something. I may have to do that as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    I went out and bought the GM oil as recommended, the device sat soaked in oil for over 14 hours, but no joy! I am at my wits end I made the barrel vise block, tightened the vise to the point where I can't turn the lever anymore, but the barrel still rotates when I use the wrench on it! On top of it, the barrel front is slightly marred now from the friction tape (I thought that stuff didn't mar...guess not!). The can will cover the slight marking when installed, if I ever can get the darn thing off!
    Maybe the gun gods are telling you not to mess with it, all these expensive and needless muzzle add on's, will not make a better rifle.

I think there’s a difference between the hider and muzzle break.

I think there’s a difference between the hider and muzzle break.
    I ask the question, why would anyone need a muzzle brake on a .223 cal. rifle, also not a good choice if you want to hunt with it.

Why? Because we cannot have a silencer in Canada and the one I want to install looks like a silencer with a muzzle brake and would be nice to own one like that. I don’t care even if it’s not good choice for hunting, my other hunting rifle in 223 has a muzzle break and it is always o.k to hunt with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    Maybe the gun gods are telling you not to mess with it, all these expensive and needless muzzle add on's, will not make a better rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    I ask the question, why would anyone need a muzzle brake on a .223 cal. rifle, also not a good choice if you want to hunt with it.
    Why should people have to justify to you what they want to do with their rifle? Serious question.

Come back when you have something constructive to contribute.....
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."