Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    I cut the front part of the brake off and made slots in the screw part of the flash hider to start chiseling off. I realized after I didn't have a cold chisel. Will go by HD tomorrow and pickup one. The flash hider almost feels like its welded to the darn muzzle! I did nick one of the threads on the barrel on a pass with the dremel, hopefully that doesn't affect anything.

Well any luck on the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroma View Post
    I’m just gonna split the flash suppressor and cut it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I haven’t yet and haven’t shoot it yet. Yeah, Tyroma’s Idea might be a good idea, I thought about my dremel, I would try to leave just enough material then bang that thing off.
    Hey, no not yet. Got a bit busy at work. Probably tonight or on the weekend. I'll update when done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    This seems fairly dumb, more talk here
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ough-WK180-yet

The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

It's finally done! Used the cold chisel to cut into the chunkiest part of the device and hammered away until it started to rotate. In hindsight, should have done that first. I'll post a pic later. Not sure what was used to secure it, but noticed that there was black threadlocker type stuff in the grooves or maybe I'm seeing things. Either way, I am happy with the can install. Screwed right on, used a long thin steel screwdriver with a small flat head to tighten it using the muzzle brake holes.

Last edited by Reclaimer117; 04-09-2019 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Added pic

Oh man! I really want to start something like that but my finger still can’t do anything, 3 weeks and healing slowly no wonder the doc stitch 6 small and 2 big and finally I am now wearing small bandage. I received my muzzle and still waiting for my other deflector. Soon I will do what you did! Congrats!

Oh man! I really want to start something like that but my finger still can’t do anything, 3 weeks and healing slowly no wonder the doc stitch 6 small and 2 big and finally I am now wearing small bandage. I received my muzzle and still waiting for my other deflector. Soon I will do what you did! Congrats!
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon. I'd suggest the cold chisel method first if it doesn't come off easily. Make grooves in the thickest part of the brake, use the chisel to see if you can get it to rotate while hammering. Don't use the hammer with nail puller, use a ball and peen - the masonry hammer doesn't transfer the energy well. Good luck!

O.k good to know thanks!

CGN Regular
    For mine I used the trick of sitting on the gun and turning off the flash hider. Was scared at first but I had some soft foam mats laying around and used those. Clamping it did not work for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    For mine I used the trick of sitting on the gun and turning off the flash hider. Was scared at first but I had some soft foam mats laying around and used those. Clamping it did not work for me at all.
    Hi, did you use a monkey wrench?

Got this thing today in the mail.. SO Excited.. tried to take it apart to get all the factory grease off it, definitely not an easy task. So disappointed with the quality and finish of the product that I received, I shouldn't nearly separate my shoulder prying on something to try and get it apart.