Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Miller97 View Post
    Got this thing today in the mail.. SO Excited.. tried to take it apart to get all the factory grease off it, definitely not an easy task. So disappointed with the quality and finish of the product that I received, I shouldn't nearly separate my shoulder prying on something to try and get it apart.
    Mine was also SUPER stiff. I contacted support about not receiving a spare parts kit, and we discussed my difficulty splitting it. Support was AWESOME in dealing with it, and I will also say that after the first 5 rounds, and some proper lube in the proper spots, I can easily split it with just my thumb, and I have tiny baby thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    For mine I used the trick of sitting on the gun and turning off the flash hider. Was scared at first but I had some soft foam mats laying around and used those. Clamping it did not work for me at all.
    I saw some guy on YT do it. It was funny but seemed to work. Big guy sitting on the gun. I thought he was gonna flatten it I guess the torque on these hiders is all over the place. Some easy, some not so.

Quote Originally Posted by dlau View Post
    I tried a few IMI LAR10 mags. I inserted an empty mag and I could not open the bolt. I haven’t taken it to the range yet, but that is the next troubleshooting step
    The IMI LAR10 mags are not a good choice for the WK, hard to insert,and take out.They work well in my AR15 platforms, and were $20.00 at Epps.

Just saw WK180cs in Cabela's spring and summer flyer, Page 41.
    Doesnt mention it as a WK180-c or a AR180b. Just "Kodiak Defense Semi auto rifle"
    Interesting to see how popular this rifle is!

I've had my 180 for a couple of months now. The first 200 or so rounds worked pretty flawlessly. However it has since ceased extracting properly. I tried using the o-ring from the spare parts baggy yesterday, but that seemed to make the extractor way too tight, to the point that on cocking the rifle the bolt would not fully lock without being pushed forward by hand. I assume this was because the extractor was so tight it was pushing the case forward instead of the bolt face.
    My bolt carrier is part of the recall, so I'm shipping it off to Kodiak. In the meantimenI've ordered a few different AR extractor springs to try.

My rifle has also been having the chipping issue on the reciever that seems pretty common. I don't think it's from the cocking handle though. When I took apart my bcg I noticed that the faces on the cam thst contact the reciever have an almost jagged finish to them, Which I think explains the chipping. I've ordered a replacement cam from RWA. Hopefully that will fix that problem.

My only other gripe with the rifle is that the finish on it seems to be a bit lacklustre. I took a walk through the bush a couple of weekends ago and ended up with some scrapes in the finish from branches and twigs despite being very careful with it, and avoiding the really heavy stuff.

Hopefully the mechanical issues get sorted. Otherwise I like the rifle. It was very easy to zero. I've had 1 inch groups at a 100 yards with bulk winchester 55gr, and using 1-6x vortex scope.

Just recieved my RWA 180 Cam. Here's where I think a lot of the chipping on the left slot of the reciever comes from. The RWA cam is on the left and the stock one is on the right.

https://imgur.com/B0DYzqh

You can very definitely feel the texture of the kodiak cam, which no matter how well lubed it is will not play nice with the reciever. Here's the inside of mine with ~200 shots through it.

https://imgur.com/Nse4vAU

Okay I need one

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwoody View Post
    Just recieved my RWA 180 Cam. Here's where I think a lot of the chipping on the left slot of the reciever comes from. The RWA cam is on the left and the stock one is on the right.

https://imgur.com/B0DYzqh

You can very definitely feel the texture of the kodiak cam, which no matter how well lubed it is will not play nice with the reciever. Here's the inside of mine with ~200 shots through it.

https://imgur.com/Nse4vAU
    I tried to click on the link but doesn’t work!

Hmm, you can try copy and pasting it into your browser. It also looks like your quotation created hyperlinks to the pics haha. Just tried the links on a different browser and they work.

If they aren't working for you

KD Cam: ^^^^^^^^^^
    RWA Cam: _________

hahahah

I got my bolt carrier back from Kodiak after sending it in for recall.

Kudos to Kodiak who turned it around same-day and resent it back. Gone maybe a total of
    Ten days across the country!

I got the screw-in charging handle ‘upgrade’. To be honest, I actually preferred the magnetic setup.

I find that after about ten reciprocations, the charging handle is coming loose. I am walking a
    Fine line between overtorqueing the screw and stripping it out, and having come loose too often. Maybe I’m underestimating the strength of the handle steel. Any recommended torque settings for the handle? I have a FAT wrench and can dial it in as required.

Other than that, good value for money spent! I think of it as my AK in .223... Cheap, reliable, light, and meant to be used!
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.