Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyatpl View Post
    I got my bolt carrier back from Kodiak after sending it in for recall.

Kudos to Kodiak who turned it around same-day and resent it back. Gone maybe a total of
    Ten days across the country!

I got the screw-in charging handle ‘upgrade’. To be honest, I actually preferred the magnetic setup.

I find that after about ten reciprocations, the charging handle is coming loose. I am walking a
    Fine line between overtorqueing the screw and stripping it out, and having come loose too often. Maybe I’m underestimating the strength of the handle steel. Any recommended torque settings for the handle? I have a FAT wrench and can dial it in as required.

Other than that, good value for money spent! I think of it as my AK in .223... Cheap, reliable, light, and meant to be used!
    Try teflon tape on the threaded potion of the charging handle.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet and I’m not reading through 38 pages of posts. Watch the set screw on the bottom of the gas block, 60 rounds shot today and it fell off. Luckily I found it and put some loctite on it so it shouldn’t happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwoody View Post
    Hmm, you can try copy and pasting it into your browser. It also looks like your quotation created hyperlinks to the pics haha. Just tried the links on a different browser and they work.

If they aren't working for you

KD Cam: ^^^^^^^^^^
    RWA Cam: _________

hahahah
    Ha ha! I don’t know how I did it but I see now! Funny! 1 thing I know computers have a weird brain!

Kudos to Kodiak who turned it around same-day and resent it back. Gone maybe a total of

I got the screw-in charging handle ‘upgrade’. To be honest, I actually preferred the magnetic setup.

I find that after about ten reciprocations, the charging handle is coming loose. I am walking a
    Fine line between overtorqueing the screw and stripping it out, and having come loose too often. Maybe I’m underestimating the strength of the handle steel. Any recommended torque settings for the handle? I have a FAT wrench and can dial it in as required.

Other than that, good value for money spent! I think of it as my AK in .223... Cheap, reliable, light, and meant to be used!
    Did you tighten it with a tool at first? There’s a you tube video from wolverine called Jam with Matt, you ought to check that out!

If it was possible maybe it would have been great with a threaded handle with magnet, who knows I’m dumb at these stuff.

You got me thinking, maybe I need a magnetic handle just in case.

Magnetic handle is not compatible with the screw-in carrier.

I will try the tape trick. Didn't want to use Loctite. But the tape should prevent travel. Didn't know about the video; thanks!

I guess this thread works
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.

Hey guys,

Can someone point me to internal upgrades for the WK?
    Ive seen RWA's parts, i will most likely purchase the cam pin if mine appears to be rough.

What i cant seem to find are springs, as i do not know the exact specs i am looking for.

Thanks!

-Robbie L

-Robbie L

Hey Robbie,

RWA also makes extra springs for the bolt catch. I've ordered some ejector springs from TNA. They should be in this week. I'll update you on which one works best.

Did you mean the pair of action/bolt return springs ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLaidlaw View Post
    Hey guys,

Can someone point me to internal upgrades for the WK?
    Ive seen RWA's parts, i will most likely purchase the cam pin if mine appears to be rough.

What i cant seem to find are springs, as i do not know the exact specs i am looking for.

Thanks!

-Robbie L
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.

Did you mean the pair of action/bolt return springs ?
    Yes, the return springs.

-Robbie L
    Last edited by RobbieLaidlaw; 06-07-2019 at 06:39 PM.

-Robbie L