Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    I would try something like some Birchwood Casey Superblue to cover any shiny metal. Degrease it first, then apply.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    I would try something like some Birchwood Casey Superblue to cover any shiny metal. Degrease it first, then apply.
    I spoke to Kodiak. They suggested bluing it. I will try that.

Props to you for not giving up. Lessons can be expensive but always worth it if never forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I spoke to Kodiak. They suggested bluing it. I will try that.
    I haven’t try to remove my flash hider yet, but which way do I have to go to remove it clockwise?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I haven’t try to remove my flash hider yet, but which way do I have to go to remove it clockwise?
    Looking down the barrel from the end it would be CCW (lefty-loosy)
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    My flash hider came off with barely any effort using only my two hands. I feel lucky.

Here's my barrel after I further F'd it up:
    The super blue is on the way. I'll post a pic after I try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixPK View Post
    ALSO - Update on the rifle. I've gone back to the range a few times now. Between 200 and 300 rounds through the rifle at this point.
    I had the firing pin fly out of the BCG due to the retaining pin walking loose! My bad for not being more thoughtful. If you take the BCG apart when putting the retaining pin back in make sure to use a flathead screwdriver or something similar to pry the two ends of the retaining pin apart so it is wedged in there and can't just walk itself out. No serious damage but I didn't notice and thus dropped the hammer onto the spring that had come out, so now my spring is a little deformed but it hasn't affected the function at all. I thought it was a light primer strike or a hang fire, but after waiting and then trying to eject the round I realized the bolt was stuck, and when I looked boy did I have a mess to sort out in that receiver. I put it all back together and enjoyed the rest of the day AFTER wedging the ends of the retaining pin outward so it can't slide out again.
    I had the same issue with the firing pin retaining pin walking out in my new recalled bolt carrier. When I installed the new bolt carrier the retaining pin was much easier to push in but I didn't think anything of it. After the retaining pin popped out, I was able to stretch it which made the fit a little tighter. I shot some more and it didn't happen again but I have ordered some new pins from True North Arms. I'm hoping they will be a tighter fit in the new bolt carrier and will need to be removed with pliers like in the original bolt carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle-will View Post
    I had the same issue with the firing pin retaining pin walking out in my new recalled bolt carrier. When I installed the new bolt carrier the retaining pin was much easier to push in but I didn't think anything of it. After the retaining pin popped out, I was able to stretch it which made the fit a little tighter. I shot some more and it didn't happen again but I have ordered some new pins from True North Arms. I'm hoping they will be a tighter fit in the new bolt carrier and will need to be removed with pliers like in the original bolt carrier.
    Ha. I was charging my WK while testing out my printed handle and the BCG jammed. I noticed the retaining pin slid back and caught on the upper. I pushed it back in and didn't think anything of it. Now I see it might be an issue.

Hello Russ, well I am sure a crush washer should be used but on mine it just screwed on. I would caution any forum member to not invest a whole lot of cash into a WK. Great Canadian rendition but to me just not one of my favourites.