Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23333536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

I bought a new handguard for the gun because I liked the design, supposed to be a standard AR handguard, but the gas block is too high for the guard to go on. The grooves on the handguard are thinner than than the block by about 1.2mm. Any suggestions on shaving either handguard or the block or a thinner profile piston block? Thx
    CCFR, NFA

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    I bought a new handguard for the gun because I liked the design, supposed to be a standard AR handguard, but the gas block is too high for the guard to go on. The grooves on the handguard are thinner than than the block by about 1.2mm. Any suggestions on shaving either handguard or the block or a thinner profile piston block? Thx
    I'd probably not remove material from a pressure-bearing component. Best bet would be the handguard I think... I imagine the gas block is proprietary?
    HBAR or GTFO

So just got mine in the mail from CanAm. I haven't done a full breakdown yet, but it is not smooth at all.

Charging handle or the receiver feels like it wasn't machined properly and the gun is bone dry, feels slightly better in the left side than the right side of the gun (too bad I'm not a lefty). Honestly it feels like you need to force the bolt all the way through the receiver.

I'll try oiling it up and seeing if that make a difference, but first impressions out of the box are a little questionable.

Left handle

Quote Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
    So just got mine in the mail from CanAm. I haven't done a full breakdown yet, but it is not smooth at all.

Charging handle or the receiver feels like it wasn't machined properly and the gun is bone dry, feels slightly better in the left side than the right side of the gun (too bad I'm not a lefty). Honestly it feels like you need to force the bolt all the way through the receiver.

I'll try oiling it up and seeing if that make a difference, but first impressions out of the box are a little questionable.
    It’s better to put the charging handle in the left side, you gonna need a brass deflector in the right side if you don’t want to get all the brass marks.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by eatredmeat157 View Post
    I just shot the heck out of mine and it prints 1.5 MOA with 55gr American Eagle FMJ. Maybe Im just lucky? 1.5 MOA is good to go for a semi auto plinker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Nah, I did the same. Break in for barrels is a myth, for moving components contact surfaces however there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    It’s better to put the charging handle in the left side, you gonna need a brass deflector in the right side if you don’t want to get all the brass marks.
    My snap caps were flying right over my shoulder, so that is good advice.

So I can say the oil helped a lot, but something still isn't quite right. So I think I figured out partly why.

The first pull back is smoothish, not perfect, but OK. When the hammer cocks in the gun, it pushes the bolt up about 1-2 mm. As a result, the charging handle is pushed up and encounters resistance about half way through (where it angles in). This makes the 2nd and 3rd pulls back not very smooth, unless the hammer is dropped. It probably won't cause a problem when shooting, but I would think the bolt should be more secure in the gun, not moved by the hammer.

I did watch Wolverine's demo. Walking the bolt forward is a really bad idea. Causes a jam every time. Letting it slam in is the best (only) option.

Hey guys, it turns out my BCG was nitrided. It did not break but i sent it in and Kodiak sent me a new one.

It seems that Kodiak has made a series of improvements and i am very happy with them.

First of all i would like to commend Kodiak and Wolverine for their terrific customer service, my case was dealt with quickly and effectively, i am very happy to have purchased a Canadian made firearm from a company who truly backs their product.

The upgrades i have noticed with the new BCG are as follows:

1: The coating on the BCG feels much better, my older BCG felt like some light coat whereas the new BCG has a solid feeling texture to it.
    2: I am sure you guys have already seen the BCG with Kodiaks logo accompanied by a serial number. I love it.
    3: The design of the BCG where the reciprocating rods meet the carrier have been reinforced and are not as thin as my older one. This to me is the most important upgrade to ensure that the BCG's are tough and withstand all necessary forces struck unto it.
    4:The charging handle and thread in the carrier are far better! I am very pleased with this improvement that Kodiak has made. My charging handle used to thread in loosely until the very end and then i would really need to bend an allen key to tighten it enough, i even needed to use blue locktite to keep the old handle in. The new handle and thread feel far better, the thread is tight as soon as you begin to turn it now. They have extended the length on the handle and put larger holes through the handle so now i can fit much larger allen keys through the handle and tighten it with no problem.
    5:It is now much easier to put the reciprocating rods into the receiver through the BCG. It just feels much smoother to put together now.

These improvements are proof that Kodiak is and Wolverine are listening to us. Today, i have zero complaints about my rifle. They have improved many meaningful things.

As i have previously written in this forum, my firearm is quite accurate, easily shooting around 2 moa with a high quality scope and low quality skill.

Ive sent 150 rounds through with my new BCG with zero problems.

My rifle has honestly never failed to feed or extract with any of my polymer or metal magazines.

I have 650 rounds through my gun now and i am very happy with my purchase. This rifle feels as solid as my un-commissioned SKS, only far more modern and much lighter.

To any one on the fence about this firearm, i personally believe all the minor kinks have been ironed out, along with great custom support, i highly recommend the WK180-c.

I am really looking forward to the WK181 and the folding stock

-Robbie L

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eatredmeat157 View Post
    I just shot the heck out of mine and it prints 1.5 MOA with 55gr American Eagle FMJ. Maybe Im just lucky? 1.5 MOA is good to go for a semi auto plinker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My gun also shoots cheap american eagle 55gr pretty good better better then barnaul and better then the expensive federal fusion hunting rounds I purchased! Which were really not cheap
    I want to try hornady varmint in it next.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielaidlaw View Post
    i am very happy to have purchased a canadian made firearm from a company who truly backs their product.
    lol

Would anyone commenting own this rifle in place of a Norinco AR?