Page 1 of 52 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

Wk180-c feedback

Now the first rifles have shipped, we invite comments from the new owners.This thread is reserved for customer feedback, good bad or ugly. Post photos of your targets, builds etc. Lets keep to first hand accounts please, we reserve the right to edit out comments from non owners.

I picked up my rifle last night!

I've had the "mil-spec experience" before so I decided to swap out some of the interface components immediately for parts I had on hand. Here it is complete and ready to test fire today after work:

Fab Defense M4 stock
    TriggerTech drop-in
    Burris XTR-II 1.5-8x28 w/ PEPR

I probably won't keep the TT in there. But it will be useful to properly group this rifle.

Some initial feedback:

- Build quality is exceptional. Operation is smooth.

- There was a note included about the bolt-stop not functioning correctly with the included PMAG-style mags. It's true. However the bolt stop works correctly with LAR and PCV 50 mags. I have not tested feeding.

- I tried to take off the handguard but stripped 3 of 4 screws on one side. I'm not sure what torque spec or loctite these screws were using, but it seems excessive.

- I don't know if the holes in the handguard were designed as QD mounts, but they are exactly the same diameter as a QD swivel, but slightly too thick to lock. It might have just been the QD swivel I was using, but eventually I was able to get it to lock by filing my swivel and smacking it in.

- The bolt-stop will not fit without modification with the TriggerTech, and possibly other cassette style triggers.

* The interference comes from bottom of the bolt-stop pin radius and the TriggerTech cassette. When you snug the cassette against the bottom of the trigger pocket with the set screws, the cassette rises up enough to prevent the bolt-stop from rotating on it's pin. If you file off a couple thou on the bottom radius of the bolt-stop, it will work correctly.

Last edited by JaredP; 07-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Hand guard screws are not installed with lock tite but should be snug. Use the correct size allen wrench with square corners to avoidd stripping the heads. As soon as we get our spare part kits, one of which will be included with each rifle, we will forward them out, these include two spare screws, in case anyone looses one. The round holes in the hand guard were never intended to accept sling fittings, some thing we could look at.

Correction, I have learnt that a few early hand guard screws did have lock tite.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 07-24-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    John I guess you are following griffin86's review thread ref he believes the mags are the issue not the bolt catch?

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post15066850
    I guess my standards are to high, I expect the WK180-C rifle to work with all mags. Those Hera mags work well in other guns and I did most of my testing with them in "The Dog" and had no problems.

The included extractor spring on the right was likely causing the extraction issues. The new one on the left, in addition to the added rubber "donut", should fix extraction.

With the included extractor spring, the extractor pin basically fell out. There was almost no spring tension on the extractor. With the new spring setup the pin took a considerable amount of force to get in, which indicates the extractor is under a lot more tension!

I hope to test it out this weekend!

200 rounds through it today of 55gr PMC and 40gr VMAX and not a single failure to eject or feed.

I had a couple light primer strikes but that could be due to the gun running a bit dry or my trigger tech trigger.

The gun is perfect now in my opinion. No luck feeding 77gr but not a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    handloads our factory loaded? Crimped or not? OAL?
    The 77gr. bullet ogives is really not much different from a 62gr. Ss109, just longer. It should in both theory and practice, feed fine.
    mk262 mod0 factory

i'm sure you could get handloads to work

Ran my 180 again today, I ran the gun pretty wet this time and had zero issues.

Keep her wet, at least during break-in and you won't have a problem.

I was able to keep 5 shot groups at a little over an inch with PMC 55gr @ 100

Now I just need a 50 beo bolt!
    Last edited by JaredP; 07-29-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Good news !

What are you using for lube - pretty wet is what, dripping ??
    I'm just using CLP.

The bolt carrier is phosphated which isn't very slick, so make sure it's coated very well. Don't even use a rag, just apply some CLP and spread it with your fingers. Do the same on your bolt, cam pin, and recoil guide rods. Apply lube in the cam way in the upper and around the locking lugs.

"pretty wet" just means not lubed sparingly to me. coat all contact points and don't wipe away residual lube.

Page 1 of 52 1234567891121 ... LastLast