Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Youtube user Northern Guy posted a video "Kodiak Defence WK180C 375 round update" given his impressions on the rifle after putting in a temporary O-ring to fix an issue where he had to manually feed the rifle. He did a followup video , "WK180C BCM EXTRACTOR SPRING UPGRADE", where he demonstrated the installation of a BCM spring to permanently fix the feed issue, and gave his further impressions along with some range video of the rifle in action. He bought the rifle 2nd hand, so he did not have the spare parts kit provide by Kodiak. Despite the warranty not being transferable, Kodiak is sending him a copy of the parts kit with a new extractor spring; Northern Guy just didn't want to wait for it Thanks for the great videos, Northern Guy!

Pretty pumped, just got finished at the range for the 2nd time with my wk, finished off a box of American eagle and a little bit if PPU then decided to fine tune with some ammo I purchased for coyotes. I decided to try noslers' varmageddon ammo. 55gr FB tipped, and all I can say is wow. I was only able to shoot to 40 yds so I am expecting the group to open up, but the first 3 shot group made my jaw hit the floor. Try out this ammo if you're looking to do some hunting! Great job kodiak and wolverine!

https://imgur.com/a/X2ZeKSH
    Last edited by Kheprisun; 02-27-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Received mine a few days ago, haven’t done any mods to it as of yet, I’ve put 200 rounds of Remington 55 gr FMJ
    Through it with no issues whatsoever. I’m getting 2.5-3” groups at 100 yards with crappy ammo which I think
    Is pretty reasonable. As most people state the trigger is heavy but I bought it knowimg id probably have to change
    the trigger out, not a big deal as most rifles need a different trigger Installed. I’d say it’s a solid 9/10 and for the price it
    Would be pretty tough to beat. The only thing I am going to do right away is the brass deflector but other than that I really liked the way it handled. Nice rifle and nice to see an AR style rifle at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    200 rounds through it today of 55gr PMC and 40gr VMAX and not a single failure to eject or feed.

I had a couple light primer strikes but that could be due to the gun running a bit dry or my trigger tech trigger.

The gun is perfect now in my opinion. No luck feeding 77gr but not a huge deal
    Our shop had one come in today with the owner claiming it wouldn't fire. He bought it used from us and it had the Trigger Tech installed. Just wondering if anyone else with this combo has had similar issues. TC

Bull master Did you buy straight from wolverine ? And if so what was your order number i am paitently waiting thanks in advance.

Not an issue with the rifle itself, per se, but one of the HERA mags I received with the gun was pinned to 6 instead of 5! I double-triple verified that it was not me, but I could fully load and seat 6 rounds in the mag and chamber/eject all 6. I contacted Wolverine and Tyler took care of it right away. Weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer117 View Post
    Not an issue with the rifle itself, per se, but one of the HERA mags I received with the gun was pinned to 6 instead of 5! I double-triple verified that it was not me, but I could fully load and seat 6 rounds in the mag and chamber/eject all 6. I contacted Wolverine and Tyler took care of it right away. Weird though.
    Funny you should say that, because I noticed on one of my hera mags that it's VERY close to being able to get a 6th rnd in. I noticed at the range the other day and just though "huh that looks like it might fit a 6th". Must be a sloppy pinning process.

Quote Originally Posted by trky chsr View Post
    Our shop had one come in today with the owner claiming it wouldn't fire. He bought it used from us and it had the Trigger Tech installed. Just wondering if anyone else with this combo has had similar issues. TC
    The light strikes I was getting were from my trigger pins backing out because my triggertech didn't have it's set screws tightened to push against the trigger pins.

You need to modify the magazine catch for the triggertech to seat properly, and need to modify it even more so it that you can properly tighten the triggertech set screws.

Any problems with
    Punching holes in primers?
    75gr factory hornady match having that happen
    And some random bulk ammo 55gr
    3 of 5 shot seem to have problem

I love the look and feel of the rifle… Very solid and well manufactured.

Here’s a few issues I’ve noticed so far…

Disassembly is difficult on mine because the takedown button, which in turn is also the rear guide rod holder is getting caught up on something. I actually have to tap the take down button with a hammer and punch to disassemble it. I will try to find what it’s catching on and clean it up.

The second issue is the flash Hider! I’m trying to remove the old one to install and a different one. Man oh man is that thing ever on there tight! I put The barrel in a barrel vice and tried to break it free. Nope. Then I put heat to the flash hider. Nope.
    I think I may have to just cut the factory one off in order to remove it! I would rather destroy the factory flash Hider than Marr the finish on the barrel!

Looking forward to shooting it.

Ty