Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Made, 5R Guardian and Match Series barrels available now

When are the 20" barrels due?

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Pricing is $469.99 for the 18.6" in either Nitride or Stainless.

Weight is 2lbs 9oz. Not as light as we had hoped but still very light for an SPR profile due to our deep cut fluting.

We are looking at a Pencil profile to get down to 2lbs and these wont be available until December.
    18.6" @ 2.56lbs is quite disappointing. I guess I will wait to see what the pencil barrel weight.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khw View Post
    When are the 20" barrels due?
    They will be run next along with the pencil barrels. Limited number of extensions so we built these first.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    18.6" @ 2.56lbs is quite disappointing. I guess I will wait to see what the pencil barrel weight.
    Agreed. We haven't started to run them. Going to begin this week but we are tweaking a few things to get the weight down. I think we can get below 2.4lbs. The Pencils will be down to 2 or less. They will be available in a few weeks from now with delivery end of November.

Agreed. We haven't started to run them. Going to begin this week but we are tweaking a few things to get the weight down. I think we can get below 2.4lbs. The Pencils will be down to 2 or less. They will be available in a few weeks from now with delivery end of November.
    Looking forward to see what you guys are able to cook up.

2lb 9oz is what a proof research carbon wrapped barrel weighs in at (18”). And yours is a fluted DMR? Doesn’t sound very disappointing to me. Might have to take one for a spin this November.

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    2lb 9oz is what a proof research carbon wrapped barrel weighs in at (18”). And yours is a fluted DMR? Doesn’t sound very disappointing to me. Might have to take one for a spin this November.
    Our 308 barrels go into production next week. We are only doing SPR profiile with our deep fluting for the first batch. They will weigh under 2lbs.

We might look at pencil profile later in the year. Not sure we really need to do that considering our deep fluting makes our regular barrels so light.
    this,

hence the disappointment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Just a heads up, in your email it makes it sound like you are offering AR-10 barrels in 6.5 Grendel. Also you will need to make the change on your website.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Just a heads up, in your email it makes it sound like you are offering AR-10 barrels in 6.5 Grendel. Also you will need to make the change on your website.
    Noted thank you.

OK that's 3 now... Looking more feasible to run a batch now.

I'd buy a 6.5 grendal 18.6". A stainless spiral match.