Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Made, 5R Guardian and Match Series barrels available now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    The chambers will be SAAMI 308 Win. MinOAL is 2.490 and MaxOAL is 2.810 where the M118LR is OAL 2.83. Looks like the M118LR may not fit.

Of course the OAL for an AR-10 magazine is only 2.80 so you may have difficulty putting an M118LR cartridge in an Ar-10 magazine.

We will look into 20" barrels. Not a bad idea to offer choices.
    The most common AR308 mag right now is the Pmag which allows 2.830. They are designed for M118LR. KAC mags also allow for the longer OAL. The M118LR round is the 175 smk bullet.

Those of us who want the 1:11.25 twist in a 20" are likely to be shooting the 167-178 rounds. Although I have found 155 has shot surprisingly well.

As long as the 308 match chamber works well then no worries. But.. I still think the right barrel length and twist rate are the most important factors. I just know that a lot of people will shoot pretty much anything out of these rifles and a chamber that doesn't detract from accuracy while also providing excellent reliability is a good thing.

It's hard finding the specs for who uses which chambers. But I think you would find that most of the well known combat proven accuracy 308 rifles are using some sort of modified chamber rather than a 308 match. Of course they also have the advantage of knowing the exact ammo that will be used. Most of the better known barrel companies for AR308 rifles also seem to be using some sort of M118LR style of chamber. The bottom line is reliability and accuracy.

I have already ordered my Stag 10 barrel after previously emailing you guys regarding those specs and at the time there wasn't enough interest. However if these barrels show themselves to be what I was looking for, then I will likely end up buying one for my BCL 102. I look forward to seeing these barrels on people's rifles!! I've heard good things from people who know you guys!!
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 07-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I just wish it chambers 7.62x51 as well.
    For sure.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    The most common AR308 mag right now is the Pmag which allows 2.830. They are designed for M118LR. KAC mags also allow for the longer OAL. The M118LR round is the 175 smk bullet.

Those of us who want the 1:11.25 twist in a 20" are likely to be shooting the 167-178 rounds. Although I have found 155 has shot surprisingly well.

As long as the 308 match chamber works well then no worries. But.. I still think the right barrel length and twist rate are the most important factors. I just know that a lot of people will shoot pretty much anything out of these rifles and a chamber that doesn't detract from accuracy while also providing excellent accuracy is a good thing.

It's hard finding the specs for who uses which chambers. But I think you would find that most of the well known combat proven accuracy 308 rifles are using some sort of modified chamber rather than a 308 match. Of course they also have the advantage of knowing the exact ammo that will be used. Most of the better known barrel companies for AR308 rifles also seem to be using some sort of M118LR style of chamber. The bottom line is reliability and accuracy.

I have already ordered my Stag 10 barrel after previously emailing you guys regarding those specs and at the time there wasn't enough interest. However if these barrels show themselves to be what I was looking for, then I will likely end up buying one for my BCL 102. I look forward to seeing these barrels on people's rifles!! I've heard good things from people who know you guys!!
    OK cool. We will look into chambering to accommodate the M118LR. Thanks for the input.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DongswithBongs View Post
    Do you guys have link to the spiral fluted barrels?...can’t find it on your website
    You can find the Sprial option as a drop down selection for each of the 16.1 and 18.6 lengths.

https://www.mapleridgearmoury.com/pr...egory/barrels/

if you are doing the m118lr then you may as well make some m14 medium weight 22'' barrels

I would buy one 18,6 for AR10, please send me heads up when you are ready.

BANNED
    Tagged

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beket View Post
    I would buy one 18,6 for AR10, please send me heads up when you are ready.
    For sure. We will post here, our MRA squad email, FB, and IG.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    if you are doing the m118lr then you may as well make some m14 medium weight 22'' barrels
    Yes we are looking at this. It's a bit tricky.

Likely around $450 but it might be left or right of that once the chips settle.
    Might have trouble at that price point. For the same $ you can import big name match barrels from the US.