Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Made, 5R Guardian and Match Series barrels available now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    OK cool. We will look into chambering to accommodate the M118LR. Thanks for the input.
    Sounds good. Just to clarify...

The so called M118LR chamber I'm referring to is the .308/7.62x51 version of the .223 Wylde design.

A typical AR-10 or other .308 AR pattern rifle will normally come standard with a SAAMI specified .308 Win chamber. While this configuration is designed to accommodate a wide range of different ammunition options effectively, it is less than ideal for a precision .308 AR rifle build. A wider throat diameter (.310) and shorter freebore length (.090) will allow the rifle to accommodate chamber pressures typically found with factory loads, but the wider inside diameter of the throat can cause complications with bullet and bore alignment during feeding, limiting accuracy potential with high performance ammunition.

.308 Win M118 Tactical (308 M118 LR) chamber as a basis for their reamer design. This configuration offers a slightly thinner throat (.3085 diameter) with a longer .117 freebore to effectively regulate chamber pressure and account for variance in bullet design. While this chamber design can safely and reliably function with any number of standard factory ammunition options, by slightly modifying the traditional throat dimensions this chamber can very effectively accommodate the ogive of the Sierra 168 HPBT #2200 and 175 gr. HPBT #2275 MatchKing bullets loaded near or at magazine length.

By tailoring their chamber to optimally function with some of the most prevalent match bullets on the market, is able to offer a .308 AR barrel design that offers consistent sub-MOA performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Might have trouble at that price point. For the same $ you can import big name match barrels from the US.
    I've only found one with those specs and it will be around $500 to bring it in. But.. that's with current exchange rate along with the current climate for importing. As we all know that can change very quickly. I'm also looking at September before I can receive that barrel. I consider their price point to be fair. It's less than importing the barrel and looks to offer all the features. It's also good to have a domestic source rather than rely on importing which can be a pain.

BANNED
    Ordered :-) Thanks for the help !

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Ordered :-) Thanks for the help !
    Hahha, of course you did.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Hahha, of course you did.
    Well that MVs needs a barrel :-) and they had a blemished one for me. Ill be doing my krylon special cam job anyways...lol...

Can wait to take my next class with this beast.

Business Member
    M118LR reamers have been ordered!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I'm in for a 308 and 6.5 Grendel barrel.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I’ll be in for a 308 and 6.5 creed

20"
    6.5 Grendel
    Lots of nitride
    Matched bolt
    PLEASE!!!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -USMC-

Business Member
    Here is a cut away image of a 223 Wylde chamber and bore on our 5R series of barrels. This was just a scrap end cut we thought we would chamber to show you all what you can expect from a Maple Ridge Armoury 5R barrel.

Despite the lighting, the chamber is extremely smooth to touch, there are no machining marks. The bore as you can see has been hand lapped thus producing a perfectly smooth finish.

Name:  Chamber cutaway.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by Maple Ridge Armourer; 07-20-2018 at 03:41 PM.