Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Made, 5R Guardian and Match Series barrels available now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by russ.ackland View Post
    Will your pencil barrel require an adjustable gas block to cycle and eject properly, and will they be test fired? The faxon barrels are good, accurate and light but may very well need the gas block upgrade. Thats an extra cost. Are any Stag 10 owners of the faxon pencil barrel upgrade having cycling issues?
    I am very intrigued by your question. What is the difference that a pencil barrel with rifle length would have problem cycling that a regular profile would not have?

My Maple Ridge 5R Match SS barrel just arrived in the mail today. This is a real beauty. I didn't think I wanted any fluting, but Ryan from MRA steered me in the right direction.

Also, their communications is by far the best I have ever encountered anywhere. Thanks again Ryan.

Paul
    CCFR
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Likely December or early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by khw View Post
    When are the 20" barrels due?
    AR10 20" now available for preorder on MRA website.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Just picked up a MRA .308 Barrel for a Stag 10 and found it of top quality. It doesn’t have that offset gas port which some posters have raised concerns about where it did not align with the fluting. This piece appears to be true.

CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Just picked up a MRA .308 Barrel for a Stag 10 and found it of top quality. It doesn’t have that offset gas port which some posters have raised concerns about where it did not align with the fluting. This piece appears to be true.

They explained that alignment is merely a roll of the dice for them, as it's not something they think is feasible to achieve purposefully. Note that your gas port aligns centered within the fluting, while this one just misses out on being centered between two channels.

I'd be interested in seeing more people post their barrels since this is a small sample size, but so far between these pics and what they've said I don't think people can reliably assume they'll get the alignment they want.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKRZ View Post
    They explained that alignment is merely a roll of the dice for them, as it's not something they think is feasible to achieve purposefully. Note that your gas port aligns centered within the fluting, while this one just misses out on being centered between two channels.

I'd be interested in seeing more people post their barrels since this is a small sample size, but so far between these pics and what they've said I don't think people can reliably assume they'll get the alignment they want.

Frankly, we have a couple options.

1. Continue to produce these premium quality barrels in the current efficient manner. Current process keeps costs down and continue to pass these savings to the end user.

2. Supplement the current production with an additional setup and operation to address the purely aesthetic imperfection. This will increase cost and end user price.

To my knowledge, the imperfect alignment of the flutes to gas port has no significant effect on performance. With this in mind, I figure most of my customers would choose option 1.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I am very intrigued by your question. What is the difference that a pencil barrel with rifle length would have problem cycling that a regular profile would not have?
    Yeah id like to know this too
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

BANNED
    Most trigger puller dont give 2 ch!t about how flutes align to a gasport! But the CGN larping crows is always more worried about looks of a rifle over function for some reason !

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Check your ego
    Ironic.

The discussion in the other thread was much more productive, with good ideas from people and insight from Maple Ridge. No need to step in and post for the sake for posting.

Anyways, I'm inclined to agree with Maple Ridge, though I don't think anyone in the $500 barrel market is that concerned with 'savings'. Anyone going out of their way to buy Canadian is past the point of being money conscious.

Likely December or early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by khw View Post
    When are the 20" barrels due?
    Frankly, we have a couple options.

1. Continue to produce these premium quality barrels in the current efficient manner. Current process keeps costs down and continue to pass these savings to the end user.

2. Supplement the current production with an additional setup and operation to address the purely aesthetic imperfection. This will increase cost and end user price.

To my knowledge, the imperfect alignment of the flutes to gas port has no significant effect on performance. With this in mind, I figure most of my customers would choose option 1.
    Option 3: keep your actual process but sort them afterward. For example grade 1 aligned within 3 degrees, grade 2 misaligned over 3 degrees.
    50$ cheaper for grade 2, 50$ more expensive for grade 1. Would eliminate the surprise/gamble element and please everyone.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason