Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

FA - milled forward assist and brass deflector, more expensive
    SS - brass deflector attached via screw and obviously no forward assist, cheaper

From what I know you should be able to use the same BCG in both.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    What is the diff between the SS and FA?
    They use diff BCG, both have a rear CH.
    Anything else?
    One has no F/A the other has the unnecessary F/A feature.
    The F/A version has 1 big lump and 1 smaller lump on the right side, the slick side has 1 smaller lump on the right side.
    Both use same charge handle and BCG
    The F/A upper is more expensive to make, hence to purchase.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Perfect, BCG was what I was wondering about.

CGN Regular
    Ive got a Remington R-15 in 204.
    Is there any reason I wouldn’t be able to gut it and put it into this receiver? Feeding?

Got to get my grubby mitts on the sample at RDSC the other day. A solid unit, everything looks good and solidly built. Only complaint would be the large amount of sharp angles on the lower receiver fencing and around the bolt release. I am sure it saves a ton of machining time though. May just have to consider getting one of these over the SLR.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
    Got to get my grubby mitts on the sample at RDSC the other day. A solid unit, everything looks good and solidly built. Only complaint would be the large amount of sharp angles on the lower receiver fencing and around the bolt release. I am sure it saves a ton of machining time though. May just have to consider getting one of these over the SLR.
    Get both

Just something I noticed today....in the picture showing the first receiver in the raw, it looks like the "oval" for the mag release is pretty close to the edge of the pocket it is milled in. Is there enough clearance there to fit extended mag releases to the MS lower? I have a Magpul extended release on hand destined for my MS build, hope it has enough room.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
    I appreciate the compliments to the sporter! I do want to ask why you would suggest we "saved a ton of machining time", and for the life of me I can't find what sharp corners you are refering to. Every edge is radiused/"broken" so as not to leave anything sharp... Is it just our choice of design and aesthetics to which you're refering?

With a much thicker and more rigid billet receiver set, it is necessary to open a slot for the bolt catch to function, we oversized it to allow compatibility with phase5 and BAD levers.

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Just something I noticed today....in the picture showing the first receiver in the raw, it looks like the "oval" for the mag release is pretty close to the edge of the pocket it is milled in. Is there enough clearance there to fit extended mag releases to the MS lower? I have a Magpul extended release on hand destined for my MS build, hope it has enough room.
    Shouldn't be an issue, however you are more than welcome to stop by with your parts and we can test fit them. That offer is an open offer to anyone who is holding onto a parts bin wondering about compatibility.

Will these ship with front pivot /takedown pin installed ?
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Oh, so is the rear retention pin a threaded bolt that is replaceable?