Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Quote Originally Posted by Reid199 View Post
    I dont understand the difference between this and the Modern Varmit?
    223 and smaller calibers that the MH isn’t capable of (although the MV does have the capabilities of)

Plus the use of majority AR15 parts vs proprietary
    Last edited by koesdibyo; 07-16-2018 at 10:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:16 AM.

You’re already doing a better job than the other guys...
    Last edited by pipeliner; 05-21-2020 at 09:38 PM.

What in the #### was that... #### for the T1000?

BANNED
    Thanks for giving me a tour of the shop last week :-) Keep up the good work :-)

So these look pretty awesome. What sort of time frame is expected with these? Im starting to feel strung along on another companies preorder, maybe its time to cancel and jump ship if these are available soon..ish
    Ive been really impressed with ATRS gear I've bought in the past. These look stellar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    Still waiting on an answer from the sloths at theRCMP. It doesn't have an FRT and unlike Wolverine, they're not willing to just sell them and say "it's a copy of something with an FRT already so we don't need a new one".
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman278 View Post
    Soon as it's a confirmed NR I'll be ordering. Don't have R status so I'd be screwed if it turned out to be R.
    I totally understand the concern. If one looked at the BCL, SLR, and Stag's newest offering you would think all will be well and this will have a NR FRT for sure.

Then there is the HK 243. To appease the German government the company makes changes to the G36, SL8 to make it more difficult to convert to FA. Although the engineers at HK and the lab at the BATF were pleased with the results the geniuses we have determined it is too easy to make FA... and deem it prohib. In short the guys in our lab are unpredictable and apparently smarter than HK engineers and the BATF lab.

My hope this is NR and if so I am sure to jump on this too.

Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    What's the price point on these receiver sets?
    The stripped receiver set is $975. (pricing for a forward assist option will be released at a later date, but is estimated at $100-$150 more)

Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    Any ideas on when first batch will be ready to ship ?
    Current goal is to finish the lowers for September, but a shipping date has not been established at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Done! Been holding out for you guys! Where do I email to order?
    info@albertatacticalrifle.com

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    cool and all, but still waiting on that FRT? or did I miss something
    The RCMP has not rendered a decision at this time, but as it is a direct descendant of our Modern Varmint, we are moving ahead with production.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid199 View Post
    I dont understand the difference between this and the Modern Varmit?
    They are extremely similar, with the Modern Varmint having more bells and whistles such as an ambidextrous bolt release and side charging handle. The method in which the trigger is installed precludes us from offering the Modern Varmint receiver sets for sale as "stripped receivers". To bring the Sporter to a lower price point, we have designed it to use more commonly available parts and be more "DIY friendly." As such, we can sell them as stripped receiver sets.
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 07-17-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Last edited by benwilliam; 05-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    What is the ballpark weight of upper/lower? Are they 7075 or 6061 aluminium?

Reading the above note regarding the Modern Varmint trigger precluding you from offering stripped receivers, can you comment on the trigger options for the Modern Sporter, are there triggers which will or will not work?

Thank you.
    The MS I got a chance to test drive had a Mil Spec trigger in it, so I would assume that any AR triger will work. Looking inside the lower there did not seem to be anything that would interfere with any of the drop in types.