Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Shouldn't be an issue, however you are more than welcome to stop by with your parts and we can test fit them. That offer is an open offer to anyone who is holding onto a parts bin wondering about compatibility.
    Has anyone tried a Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch? I'd likely want to run one.

One piece of feedback I could give would be chopping the corners at the front of the magwell off, my Troy PAR had this, and compared to my previous modern Hunter I preferred the cut off corner. This would eliminate some of the sharp corners mentioned previously. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    I appreciate the compliments to the sporter! I do want to ask why you would suggest we "saved a ton of machining time", and for the life of me I can't find what sharp corners you are refering to. Every edge is radiused/"broken" so as not to leave anything sharp... Is it just our choice of design and aesthetics to which you're refering?

With a much thicker and more rigid billet receiver set, it is necessary to open a slot for the bolt catch to function, we oversized it to allow compatibility with phase5 and BAD levers.

Shouldn't be an issue, however you are more than welcome to stop by with your parts and we can test fit them. That offer is an open offer to anyone who is holding onto a parts bin wondering about compatibility.
    Perhaps sharp isn't the right word for it. Compared to an AR lower where the lower fence is rounded and smooth the MS is squared off with more right angles. Same with the cut out around the bolt release. My preference would be for more rounded edges/smoother transition between angles.

When would complete rifles be going on sale?

I apologize if this has been answered already, there are 35 pages and I have enough books to read already

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilks View Post
    When would complete rifles be going on sale?

I apologize if this has been answered already, there are 35 pages and I have enough books to read already

Thanks!
    I Would say 2019 if they even decide to sell complete ones. Ss uppers by the new year and fa uppers by spring. These are conservative estimates of course. I'm sure they have other projects that need to get done on the cnc and edm machines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
    Perhaps sharp isn't the right word for it. Compared to an AR lower where the lower fence is rounded and smooth the MS is squared off with more right angles. Same with the cut out around the bolt release. My preference would be for more rounded edges/smoother transition between angles.
    What you are seeing is one of the main differences between billet and forged lowers. Yes the billet ones could be made similar but at what cost?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
    I like the angular look.....curves belong on cars. Except on some exotics.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

I also LOVE the angular look and the flared magwell, it makes it errrrrr MODERN lol. Please never change, EVER

CGN Regular
    We getting that first batch of completed lowers yet this week?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    We getting that first batch of completed lowers yet this week?
    What lowers? Oh... you mean these ones? Yeah just waiting on the rear crossbars before they're available for pickup or we ship them.